Services & Products
Wellness Business Unit
Developing business from a global perspective and contributing to the enrichment of people's lives through high value-added services
- Healthcare: Supporting the improvement of people’s physical health through the provision of Value Based Healthcare
- Healthcare provider businesses including hospitals and clinics, and healthcare-related ancillary service businesses, Pharmaceutical sales, marketing and development businesses
- Wellness: Supporting the maintenance and promotion of mental and physical health through disease prevention and early detection of illness
- Digital health and preventive care related business, healthcare data services, Japan-based hospital management and operation consulting business
- Hospitality: Supporting richer and brighter lives through food, sports and education
- Placemaking, contract food services, uniform rental, facility management, staffing, education, and human capital businesses in Japan and overseas
The future of “wellness” unlocked by merging offline with online (01:27)
Creating a better tomorrow where people smile and live healthy, enriched lives by driving transformation in healthcare
From a healthcare ecosystem centered on hospitals, to people-centric wellness
In emerging countries, mainly in Asia, growth in medical expenditure is accelerating alongside changes in disease patterns, such as an increase in chronic disease patients accompanying population growth, an aging society, an increasing middle-income class, and economic development. On the other hand, due to a shortage in the supply of provision of medical care, demand-supply gaps in healthcare are expected to expand further. In addition, we expect to see a spread in telemedicine due to COVID-19, and an expansion of the healthcare value chain into the wellness field. There will be an increasing need of initiatives to improve customer satisfaction and operational optimization using digital technology.
Creating a better tomorrow where people smile and live healthy, enriched lives
In accordance with the above global trends, we will lead and accelerate a paradigm shift in healthcare from a treatment-centered to a prevention-centered approach, and from a hospital-centered to individual-centered value-based healthcare*.
*An approach whereby each stakeholder focuses on maximizing outcomes and optimizing costs to provide high-value medical care to patients.
- Provider & Diagnostic business
- Healthcare provider business (hospitals and clinics) in Malaysia, Singapore, India, Turkey China, etc.
- Healthcare-related ancillary service businesses (diagnostic and dialysis business) in Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, China, etc.
- Hospital management and operation consulting business
- Healthcare market access business
- Pharmaceutical and healthcare-related products/services, including marketing and supply chain management business, across the world
- Financial solutions to support development and marketing of pharmaceutical and healthcare-related products across the globe
- Healthcare data and diagnostic business
- Digital health and preventive care related business in Japan
- Healthcare data and solution services in Japan, Asia, U.S.A., etc.
- Hospitality business
- Placemaking, contract food services, uniform rental and facility management businesses in Japan
- Human Capital business
- Healthcare and IT staffing and placement services in U.S.A. and other education-related services across the world
Releases & Topics
- Apr. 22, 2022TOPICS
- Mitsui Acquires Additional Shares of Hokendohjinsha and Strengthens Framework for Promoting MBK Wellness Holdings' Wellness Business in Japan
- Mar. 28, 2022TOPICS
- Mitsui Signs Partnership Agreement with TriNetX to Expand its Global Research Network in Japan
- Feb. 14, 2022TOPICS
- Mitsui acquires share in NeU Corporation, a brain science solutions company.
- Jan. 25, 2022TOPICS
- Park-PFI Project Awarded by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Announcement of the "TOKYO LEGACY PARKs" Project