Services & Products
Energy Business Unit II
A global player in the LNG/natural gas business and environmental business
- Development of liquefied natural gas (LNG)/natural gas projects
- Trading and marketing of LNG/natural gas
A long history, A bright future (1:37)
LNG is a global business for Mitsui & Co. With more new projects and a growing value chain, our energy division is building a brighter future for the people everywhere.
Securing LNG/natural gas for growing global demand
LNG/natural gas is the core business of the Energy Business Unit II. Due to the increasing need for environmentally friendly energy, we expect that the LNG/natural gas will continue to play an important role in the global energy sector as a transition energy, given that it is a relatively clean energy source with low greenhouse gas emissions.
Since participating in the Abu Dhabi LNG project in the 1970s, we have become widely involved across the entire LNG value chain, from LNG production, to transportation and marketing. We are participating in major LNG development projects throughout the world, including Australia, Qatar, Abu Dhabi, Oman, Russia, Indonesia, and the U.S.A.
We intend to ensure the stable long-term supply of LNG/natural gas while also aiming to further strengthen our LNG/natural gas business, leveraging our network of relationships with customers, gas-producing countries and project partners. With the commencement of commercial production at the Cameron LNG project in Louisiana, U.S.A., we are focusing on enhancing our LNG/natural gas demand/supply adjustment function in the global market, and LNG logistics utilizing our own LNG fleet.
As for new LNG Projects, we have invested in the Mozambique Area1 LNG project with one of the world’s largest natural gas resources, and the Arctic LNG2 project in the Arctic area of Russia. We are also carrying out a study on the development of the Browse gas and condensate field off Western Australia.
- ADNOC LNG project (Abu Dhabi)
- North West Shelf LNG project (Australia)
- Qatargas 3 LNG project (Qatar)
- Oman LNG project (Oman)
- Sakhalin II crude oil and natural gas development and production project (Russia)
- Tangguh LNG project (Indonesia)
- Cameron LNG project (U.S.A.)
- Mozambique Area1 LNG project (Mozambique)
- Arctic LNG2 Project (Russia)
- Browse Natural Gas Development project (Australia)
Releases & Topics
- Dec. 23, 2022TOPICS
- Government of Indonesia Approved Extension of the Production Sharing Contract (PSC) for Tangguh LNG Project
- Aug. 31, 2022TSE
- Sakhalin II Project
- May 24, 2022TOPICS
- Mitsui Enters into Participation Agreement for Carbon Sequestration Project in the U.S. with Sempra Infrastructure, TotalEnergies, and Mitsubishi Corporation