Services & Products
Energy Business Unit II
A global player in the LNG business
- Development of liquefied natural gas (LNG) projects
- Trading and marketing of LNG
A long history, A bright future (1:37)
LNG is a global business for Mitsui & Co. With more new projects and a growing value chain, our energy division is building a brighter future for the people everywhere.
Securing LNG for growing global demand
The LNG business domain is the core business of the Energy Business Unit II. In the process of energy transition, it is believed that LNG will play an important role as a practical solution, enabling an affordable and stable energy supply while having relatively little impact on the environment.
Since participating in the Abu Dhabi LNG project in the 1970s, we have become widely involved across the entire LNG value chain, from LNG production, to transportation and marketing. We are participating in major LNG development projects throughout the world, including Australia, Qatar, Abu Dhabi, Oman, Russia, Indonesia, and U.S.A.
We intend to ensure the stable long-term supply of LNG while also aiming to further strengthen our LNG business, leveraging our network of relationships with customers, gas-producing countries and project partners. With the commencement of commercial production at the Cameron LNG project in Louisiana, U.S.A., we are focusing on enhancing our LNG/natural gas demand/supply adjustment function in the global market, and LNG logistics utilizing our own LNG fleet.
As for new LNG Projects, we have invested in the Mozambique Area1 LNG project with one of the world’s largest natural gas resources, and the Arctic LNG2 project in the Arctic area of Russia. We are also carrying out a study on the development of the Browse gas and condensate field off Western Australia.
- ADNOC LNG project (Abu Dhabi)
- North West Shelf LNG project (Australia)
- Qatargas 3 LNG project (Qatar)
- Oman LNG project (Oman)
- Sakhalin II crude oil and natural gas development and production project (Russia)
- Tangguh LNG project (Indonesia)
- Cameron LNG project (U.S.A.)
- Mozambique Area1 LNG project (Mozambique)
- Arctic LNG2 Project (Russia)
- Browse Natural Gas Development project (Australia)
Releases & Topics
- Oct. 24, 2023TOPICS
- Extension of Interests in Oman LNG Project
- Oct. 20, 2023TOPICS
- Indonesia's Tangguh Expansion Project Commences LNG Shipment
- Dec. 23, 2022TOPICS
- Government of Indonesia Approved Extension of the Production Sharing Contract (PSC) for Tangguh LNG Project
- Aug. 31, 2022TSE
- Sakhalin II Project