Services & Products
Energy Business Unit II
A global player in the LNG/natural gas business and environmental business
- Development of liquefied natural gas (LNG)/natural gas projects
- Trading and marketing of LNG/natural gas
Cameron LNG Project (02:25)
Invests in Cameron LNG with partners. Built new liquifaction facilities realizing exports of U.S. LNG
Securing LNG/natural gas for growing global demand
LNG/natural gas is the core business of the Energy Business Unit II. Due to the increasing need for environmentally friendly energy, demand for LNG/natural gas (a clean energy source with low greenhouse gas emissions) is increasing worldwide. We expect that the LNG/natural gas industry will continue to play a major role in the global energy sector and grow on a long-term basis.
Since participating in the Abu Dhabi LNG project in the 1970s, we have become widely involved across the entire LNG value chain, from LNG production, to transportation and marketing. We are participating in LNG development projects throughout the world, in Australia, Qatar, Abu Dhabi, Oman, Russia, Indonesia, Equatorial Guinea, and the U.S.A.
Through major projects such as Sakhalin II, which we have been participating in since 1992, we intend to ensure the stable long-term supply of LNG/natural gas while also aiming to further expand our LNG/natural gas business, leveraging our network of relationships with gas-producing countries and project partners. We found large scale natural gas resources in offshore Mozambique, and are carrying out a study on the development of a new LNG project in the area. Additionally, we began construction of facilities for the Cameron project to export LNG from the State of Louisiana, U.S.A. We are also carrying out a study on development of the Browse gas and condensate field off Western Australia. We are also strengthening our LNG and natural gas sales capabilities in the global market and working on new value-added ways of commercializing natural gas in addition to conventional LNG.
- Abu Dhabi LNG project (UAE)
- Western Australia LNG project (Australia)
- Qatar LNG project (Qatar)
- Oman LNG project (Oman)
- Sakhalin II crude oil and natural gas development and production project (Russia)
- Tangguh LNG project (Indonesia)
- Equatorial Guinea LNG project (Equatorial Guinea)
- Cameron LNG project (U.S.A.)
- Mozambique Area1 LNG project (Mozambique)
- Browse Natural Gas Development project (Australia)
- Dec. 11, 2015
- North West Shelf Project: Final Investment Decision Reached on Greater Western Flank Phase 2 Project