Services & Products
- Iron & Steel Products Business Unit
- Mineral & Metal Resources Business Unit
- Infrastructure Projects Business Unit
- Mobility Business Unit I
- Mobility Business Unit II
- Basic Materials Business Unit
- Performance Materials Business Unit
- Nutrition & Agriculture Business Unit
- Energy Business Unit I
- Energy Business Unit II
- Food Business Unit
- Food & Retail Management Business Unit
- Healthcare & Service Business Unit
- Consumer Business Unit
- IT & Communication Business Unit
- Corporate Development Business Unit
Providing new value in the global steel product industry, with high-value-added services and business investment as the core elements
- Iron and steel products and semi-finished products
- Semi-finished steel products (slabs, billets, etc.), flat-rolled steel products (hot-rolled sheets, cold-rolled sheets, coated sheets, electrical sheets, etc.), bars, shapes, tubular products, wire rods, plates, automotive steel, special steel, stainless steel, others
- Investments in iron and steel businesses
- Steel manufacturing operations, steel processing service centers (processing and distribution operations), steel distribution business, automotive components business
Securing a stable supply of mineral and metal resources and developing our overall recycling business, while engaging in environmentally conscious operations
- Iron and steel raw materials (iron ore, coal, petroleum coke, ferroalloys, pig iron, HBI [hot briquetted iron])
- Non-ferrous metals and products (copper, alumina/aluminium, nickel, cobalt, rare metals, titanium)
- Secondary ferrous and non-ferrous raw materials (steel scrap, copper scrap, aluminium scrap, secondary aluminium alloys)
- Metal recycling and environmental solutions
Developing infrastructure projects globally that help create better lives
- Thermal power, renewable energy, cogeneration, energy storage, VPP (virtual power plants), energy management services, power wholesaling, power retailing, etc.
- Natural resources infrastructure
- LNG import & export terminals, gas pipelines, gas distribution, petrochemical refineries & chemical plants, FPSO (Floating Production, Storage and Offloading) systems, etc.
- Logistics infrastructure
- Port container & non-container terminals, airport terminals, inland logistics terminals, etc.
- Environment & new business
- New business in which structural change is anticipated, collaboration with other business units on projects which require project development expertise, and projects with global environment consideration (low carbon smart city development, water treatment business, etc.)
Aiming to leverage Mitsui's comprehensive business engineering capabilities to strengthen business models and create new added-value by anticipating and responding to changes in the mobility services area
- Logistics, manufacturing, wholesale, retail and finance, leasing and rental of passenger vehicles, commercial vehicles, motorcycles, and automotive components
- Wholesale, retail, rental and finance of construction and mining equipment; sale of agricultural and industrial machinery (machine tools and robots, etc.)
- Passenger and freight transportation businesses, and railway infrastructure development
Promoting ship, aerospace and rail businesses that contribute to the efficient global transportation of passengers and cargo
- Trade, ownership and operation of commercial ships; intermediary services for chartering vessels (time/voyage charters), sales of secondhand ships and ship equipment; ship management and technical services
- Sale and purchase, leasing, and finance of aircraft and aero engines, freighter conversion, and sales of helicopter and business jet
- Leasing of railcars and locomotives
Create new value in various business fields through the "power of chemistry"
- Methanol and ammonia
- Olefins and chlor-alkali
- Aromatics and industrial chemicals
- Tank terminal business
Developing businesses that connect growth industries peripheral to the materials industry.
- Performance Materials
- Plastics and synthetic rubber, silicon and fluorocarbon polymers, catalysts and plastic additives, titanium oxide, etc.
- Advanced Materials
- Liquid crystal display materials & products, semiconductor materials, materials for dental care, procurement and logistics for electronics manufacturers, etc.
- Specialty Chemicals
- Green/bio-based raw materials, raw materials for detergents & surfactants, raw materials for lubricant oils, etc.
Engaging in a wide range of businesses broadly covering the food and chemicals areas
- Manufacture and sales of agrochemicals and fertilizers, global logistics services for fertilizer resources (phosphate rock) and raw materials (sulfur, sulfuric acid)
- Animal Nutrition
- Manufacture and sales of essential amino acid/methionine, raw materials and products for feeds such as specialty/organic minerals, enzymes, and dyes
- Food Science
- Manufacture and sales of food ingredients and raw materials, pharmaceutical and aromatic raw materials
Being a leading integrated energy player
- Exploration, development and production of oil, natural gas and other energy resources
- Trading and marketing of oil, petroleum products, coal, uranium and other energy resources
A global player in the LNG/natural gas business and environmental business
- Development of liquefied natural gas (LNG)/natural gas projects
- Trading and marketing of LNG/natural gas
- New value-added ways of commercializing natural gas
- Development of next-generation energy and environmental business
Engaged in the production, accumulation, marketing, manufacturing, and processing of food resources and products, we working to develop our global business base, from which to provide safe and reliable foods to the world
- Protein materials
- Investment, asset management, processing, and marketing in the feed, livestock, and aquaculture business areas;
- Foodstuff networks
- Global marketing and logistics planning for foodstuffs (excluding carbohydrate products)
- Fats and staple foods
- Marketing asset management and investment in business areas, including oil milling, edible oil processing, and agriculture staples that are the basis of food cultures, such as rice and wheat
- Maintenance and improvement of assets at every stage of production and marketing, from the securing of carbohydrate sources through processing and sales of finished products; global marketing and logistics planning
- Value materials
- Investment, asset management, and marketing of ingredients such as fruit and vegetable juices, coffee and tea, and dairy products
Unifying production, distribution and sales to deliver delight and convenience to consumers.
- Retail solutions including provision of CRM and product development capabilities); Retail support businesses including provision of advanced functions through tie-ups with retailers and provision of logistics management and traceability using Demand Chain Management (DCM) systems; Retail businesses; Wholesale operations; distribution of agricultural products
- Manufacturing of ingredients and processed foods; Manufacturing of prepared foods; trading of packaging materials; logistics; import, export, in-market and international trading of pet foods and other products
Contributing to the enrichment of people's lives by creating business from a global perspective and providing high value-added services
- Healthcare and pharma
- Healthcare service provision and related ancillary businesses; health information related businesses; comprehensive support services for healthcare providers
- Contract food services, uniform rental, facility management, staffing, education and franchising businesses in Japan and overseas
Contributing to the enrichment of people's lives by providing high value-added products and services that anticipate changing needs
- Real estate
- Real estate development and leasing, property management, real estate solutions and real estate-related businesses
- Life Essentials
- Housing materials, woodchips, pulp and paper products, and industrial materials businesses
- Brand marketing businesses, OEM (manufacturing products for other brands), and apparel and textile materials procurement
Developing new business based on next-generation technology and increasing the value of the Mitsui & Co. global group through digital transformation
We are engaged in the creation and promotion of information and communications technology business, such as IoT/AI business, system integration, cyber-security, internet services, CRM/marketing, TV shopping, broadcasting and communications business in emerging countries.
Promoting financial business, logistics business and strategic projects leading to the evolution of Mitsui’s business
- Financial business
- Asset management, insurance, leasing, private equity (buyout investment, venture investment), and commodity derivatives (commodity trading), etc.
- Logistics business
- Worldwide distribution center, global transportation (international multimodal transportation, etc.) and heavy goods handling businesses.