Services & Products
- Iron & Steel Products Business Unit
- Mineral & Metal Resources Business Unit
- Energy Business Unit I
- Energy Business Unit II
- Energy Solutions Business Unit
- Infrastructure Projects Business Unit
- Mobility Business Unit I
- Mobility Business Unit II
- Basic Materials Business Unit
- Performance Materials Business Unit
- Nutrition & Agriculture Business Unit
- Food Business Unit
- Retail Business Unit
- Wellness Business Unit
- IT & Communication Business Unit
- Corporate Development Business Unit
Leveraging the power of steel and other materials to create products and services that anticipate industry challenges and potential needs of customers.
Business and trading for strategy implementation in the following domains:
- Contribution to automobile weight reduction, strengthening and electrification
- Comprehensive infrastructure maintenance, electric-arc-furnace, and other areas for the development of a circular economy
- Initiatives to stabilize the energy supply chain and support the development of a low-carbon society.
- Supply chain management
- Utilization of our global group network, development of BtoB digital platforms
Ensuring a secure and stable supply mineral and metal resources, and promoting the recycling business for a sustainable and circular economy.
- Development, processing and marketing of underground resources (iron ore, metallurgical coal, ferroalloys, copper, aluminium, nickel, cobalt, lithium, etc.)
- Promotion of recycling of surface resources (ferrous raw materials, aluminium, copper, petroleum coke, secondary batteries)
Pursuing a stable supply of energy through a value chain business spanning upstream to downstream
- Exploration, development and production of oil, natural gas and other energy resources
- Trading and marketing of oil, petroleum products, coal, uranium and other energy resources
A global player in the LNG/natural gas business and environmental business
- Development of liquefied natural gas (LNG)/natural gas projects
- Trading and marketing of LNG/natural gas
Pursuing a unique, multifaceted, and flexible approach to develop and deliver industrial solutions for global climate change, bringing together the knowledge, business foundations, and customer and partner base of Mitsui & Co.’s diverse business fields
- Next-generation power (distributed renewable energy (RE) generation, storage batteries, energy management services, virtual power plants)
- Electricity wholesale, retail, trading, and aggregation
- Next-generation mobility infrastructure (Battery as a Service, EV infrastructure, etc.)
- Next-generation energy (biofuels, hydrogen, carbon management such as emission credits and CO2 utilization)
- New business that anticipates structural changes, joint initiatives with other Business Units, businesses that consider the global environment (development of low-carbon cities, hydrogen societies, smart cities, etc.)
Developing infrastructure projects globally that help create better lives
- Thermal power, renewable energy, cogeneration, energy storage, VPP (virtual power plants), energy management services, power wholesaling, power retailing, etc.
- Natural resources infrastructure
- LNG import & export terminals, gas pipelines, gas distribution, petrochemical refineries & chemical plants, FPSO (Floating Production, Storage and Offloading) systems, etc.
- Logistics infrastructure
- Port container & non-container terminals, airport terminals, inland logistics terminals, etc.
- Environment & new business
- New business in which structural change is anticipated, collaboration with other business units on projects which require project development expertise, and projects with global environment consideration (low carbon smart city development, water treatment business, etc.)
Leveraging Mitsui's comprehensive capabilities to strengthen business models and create new added value, anticipating and responding to changes in the mobility services area
- Logistics, manufacturing, wholesale, retail and finance, leasing and rental of passenger vehicles, commercial vehicles, motorcycles, and automotive components
- Wholesale, retail, rental and finance of construction and mining equipment; sale of agricultural and industrial machinery (machine tools and robots, etc.)
- Passenger and freight transportation businesses, and railway infrastructure development and railway peripheral business (ridesharing, etc.)
Promoting the development of transport infrastructure in the marine, aviation, aerospace and railway fields in harmony with the global environment, utilizing new technologies and networks with global business partners
- Trade, ownership and operation of commercial ships; intermediary services for chartering vessels, sales of secondhand ships; ship equipment, DX and environment-related business
- Sale, purchase, leasing and financing of airplanes, helicopters and aircraft engines, and other aviation-related business
- Space-related business
- Leasing of locomotives and rolling stocks
Supporting the foundations of industry and the stable supply of materials, and using the power of chemistry to create value and help solve challenges faced by society
- Methanol and ammonia
- Olefins and chlor-alkali
- Aromatics and industrial chemicals
- Gas chemicals
- Basic chemicals
- Performance monomers
- Tank terminal business
Developing businesses that connect growth industries peripheral to the materials industry.
- Performance Materials
- Plastics and synthetic rubber, silicon and fluorocarbon polymers, catalysts and plastic additives, titanium oxide, etc.
- Advanced Materials
- Liquid crystal display materials & products, semiconductor materials, materials for dental care, procurement and logistics for electronics manufacturers, etc.
- Specialty Chemicals
- Green/bio-based raw materials, raw materials for detergents & surfactants, raw materials for lubricant oils, etc.
- Living & Environmental Materials
- Housing materials, woodchips, pulp and paper products, and industrial materials businesses
Engaging in a wide range of businesses broadly covering the food and chemicals areas
- Manufacture and sales of agrochemicals and fertilizers, global logistics services for fertilizer resources (phosphate rock) and raw materials (sulfur, sulfuric acid)
- Animal Nutrition
- Manufacture and sales of essential amino acid/methionine, raw materials and products for feeds such as specialty/organic minerals, enzymes, and dyes
- Human Nutrition
- Manufacture and sales of food ingredients and raw materials, pharmaceutical and aromatic raw materials
Engaged in the production, accumulation, marketing, manufacturing, and processing of food resources and products, we are working to develop our global business base and provide safe and reliable foods to the world
- Maintenance and improvement of assets at every stage of production and marketing from securing carbohydrate sources through processing and sales of finished products; Global marketing and logistics planning
- Oils and fats
- Investment and operation of assets, trading and logistics in the oilseed value chain of seed, oil milling and processed oils; Trading of staple foods such as rice, wheat and beans that support food culture; Specialty grains
- Investment and operation of assets, trading and logistics in the feed value chain, including feed ingredients, compound feed, livestock and fishery products, plant proteins and animal proteins
- Food and beverages
- Investment and operation of assets, trading and logistics for fruit and vegetable processed goods, coffee, cocoa beans, tea, dairy products and other ingredients and products
Unifying production, distribution and sales to deliver delight and convenience to consumers.
- Retailing business, e-commerce business, brand business, fashion retailing business, retail solutions business, points and digital payment business, and last-mile logistics
- Planning and manufacturing of foodstuffs and delicatessen products; apparel products (OEM); pet products and miscellaneous items; information and service-related items; and packaging
- Logistics and Wholesaling
- Sales and marketing; logistics business, including demand forecasting, inventory optimization, and DCM; importing and exporting of foodstuffs, apparel, and raw materials; DC/TC contract management
Developing business from a global perspective and contributing to the enrichment of people's lives through high value-added services
- Healthcare: Supporting the improvement of people’s physical health through the provision of Value Based Healthcare
- Healthcare provider businesses including hospitals and clinics, and healthcare-related ancillary service businesses, Pharmaceutical manufacturing, sales and development businesses
- Wellness: Supporting the maintenance and promotion of physical health through disease prevention and early detection of illness
- Medical device manufacturing and diagnostic business, digital health and preventive care related business, Drug and healthcare information services
- Hospitality: Supporting mental health and richer and brighter lives through health management
- Contract food services, uniform rental, facility management, staffing, education, and human capital businesses in Japan and overseas
Creating added value unique to Mitsui & Co. in every industry and business field by capturing trends in global ICT.
- Digital solutions
- Cybersecurity, IoT/AI-related solution services, ICT services/consulting
- Internet services
- Fintech, cloud business
- Digital marketing services
- Contact centers, CRM
- Media business
- TV shopping, broadcasting and video services
- Business development
- 5G / 6G, etc.
Promoting financial business, real estate business, logistics business and strategic projects leading to the evolution of Mitsui's business
- Financial business
- Asset management, insurance, leasing, private equity (buyout investment, venture investment), and commodity derivatives (commodity trading), etc.
- Real estate business
- Real estate development and leasing, property management, real estate solutions and real estate-related businesses.
- Logistics business
- Worldwide distribution center, global transportation (international multimodal transportation, etc.) and heavy goods handling businesses.