Services & Products
- Mineral & Metal Resources Business Unit
- Energy Business Unit I
- Energy Business Unit II
- Energy Solutions Business Unit
- Infrastructure Projects Business Unit
- Mobility Business Unit I
- Mobility Business Unit II
- Basic Materials Business Unit
- Performance Materials Business Unit
- Nutrition & Agriculture Business Unit
- Iron & Steel Products Business Unit
- Food Business Unit
- Retail Business Unit
- Wellness Business Unit
- IT & Communication Business Unit
- Corporate Development Business Unit
Ensuring a secure and stable supply mineral and metal resources, and promoting the recycling business for a sustainable and circular economy.
- Develop, process and market underground resources (iron ore, metallurgical coal, copper, ferroalloys, nickel, aluminium, lithium, etc.)
- Promote recycling of surface resources (steel scrap, non-ferrous scrap, direct reduced iron, pig iron , secondary batteries, etc.)
Pursuing a stable supply of energy through a value chain business spanning upstream to downstream
- Exploration, development and production of oil, natural gas and other energy resources
- Trading and marketing of oil, petroleum products, coal, uranium and other energy resources
A global player in the LNG business
- Development of liquefied natural gas (LNG) projects
- Trading and marketing of LNG
Pursuing a unique, multifaceted, and flexible approach to develop and deliver industrial solutions for global climate change, bringing together the knowledge, business foundations, and customer and partner base of Mitsui & Co.’s diverse business fields
- Power (distributed renewable energy (RE) generation, storage batteries, energy management services, virtual power plants)
- Electricity wholesale, retail, trading, and aggregation
- Green mobility and infrastructure (Battery as a Service, EV infrastructure, etc.)
- Next-generation energy (biofuels, SAF, hydrogen, ammonia, carbon solutions such as carbon credits and CO2 utilization)
- New business that anticipates structural changes, joint initiatives with other Business Units, businesses that consider the global environment (development of low-carbon cities, hydrogen societies, and decarbonization support etc.)
Developing infrastructure projects globally that help create better lives.
- Thermal power, renewable energy, cogeneration, energy storage, virtual power plants(VPP) , energy management services, power wholesaling, power retailing, etc.
- Natural resources infrastructure
- LNG import & export terminals, gas pipelines, gas distribution, petrochemical refineries & chemical plants, Floating Production, Storage and Offloading(FPSO) systems, etc.
- Logistics infrastructure
- Port container & non-container terminals, airport terminals, inland logistics terminals, etc.
- Environment & new business
- New businesses, digital infrastructure, Power-to-X, etc.
Leveraging Mitsui's comprehensive capabilities to strengthen business models and create new added value, anticipating and responding to changes in the mobility services area and needs relating to carbon neutrality.
- Logistics, manufacturing, wholesale, retail and finance, leasing and rental of passenger vehicles, commercial vehicles, motorcycles, and automotive components
- Wholesale, retail, rental and finance of construction and mining equipment; sale of agricultural and industrial machinery (machine tools, robots, etc.)
- Passenger and freight transportation businesses, and railway infrastructure development and railway peripheral business (ridesharing, etc.)
Promoting the development of transport infrastructure in the marine, aviation, aerospace and railway fields in harmony with the global environment, utilizing new technologies and networks with global business partners
- Trade, ownership and operation of commercial ships; intermediary services for chartering vessels, sales of secondhand ships; ship equipment, DX and environment-related business
- Sale, purchase, leasing and financing of airplanes, helicopters and aircraft engines, and other aviation-related business
- Space-related business
- Leasing of locomotives
Supporting the foundation of industry and the stable supply of materials, and using the power of chemistry to create value and help solve the challenges faced by society
- Gas chemicals
- Basic chemicals
Olefins, EDC, VCM, Salt, HCL, Caustic Soda, Soda Ash, Aromatics, SM, PX/PTA/MEG/PET
- Performance monomers
Coating materials, Acetone, Phenol, Bisphenol, MMA, High-performance resin materials
- Tank terminal business
Storage of Petrochemicals and Petroleum products
Developing diversified businesses utilizing the functionality of materials to bring sustainable prosperity to people’s lives.
- Functional Materials
- Synthetic polymers and rubbers, inorganic chemicals, silicone and fluorine, hydrogen & industrial gases, and businesses related to Circular Economy, etc.
- Advanced Materials
- Display materials & products, semiconductor & substrate materials, battery materials, Electronics Manufacturing Service(EMS) and dental business, etc.
- Specialty Chemicals
- Beauty and personal care, green/bio-based raw materials, detergent raw materials, lubricant oils, etc.
- Living & Environmental Materials
- Forest resources, paper products, tires, and housing materials, etc.
Engaging in a wide range of businesses broadly covering the food and chemicals areas
- Agrochemicals (including biopesticide), seeds and fertilizers, fertilizer resources (phosphate rock) and raw materials (sulfur, sulfuric acid)
- Animal Solution
- Amino acid, additives for feeds such as organic minerals, enzymes and animal health products
- Food Science
- Food ingredients, functional food materials, pharmaceutical and flavor/fragrance raw materials
- High-quality supplements, testing and data services for wellness
We are committed to realizing a sustainable society by building value chains that contribute to the transition toward becoming a low-carbon emitting society, de-carbonization and circularity, based on our diverse connections with the market and industry.
- Manufacture and sale of iron and steel products
- Manufacturing and trading of iron and steel products that contribute to carbon reduction / de-carbonization (e.g., electric-arc furnaces)
- Steel product processing and parts manufacturing
- Processing of iron products and provision of Just-in-Time (JIT) functions through service centers, and manufacture of automotive parts and other components
- Provision of maintenance functions that help to extend the lifespan of structures and facilities
- Development of a closed-loop recycling framework in collaboration with the Mineral & Metal Resources Business Unit
- Logistics digital transformation (DX)
- Provision of a digital platform that contributes to realization of a low-carbon / de-carbonized society and circular economy
Engaged in the production, accumulation, marketing, manufacturing, and processing of food resources and products, we are working to develop our global business base and provide safe and reliable foods to the world.
- Maintenance and improvement of assets at every stage of production and marketing from securing carbohydrate sources through processing and sales of finished products; Global marketing and logistics planning
- Oils and fats
- Investment and operation of assets, trading and logistics in the oilseed value chain of seed, oil milling and processed oils; Trading of staple foods such as rice, wheat and beans that support food culture; Specialty grains
- Investment and operation of assets, trading and logistics in the feed value chain, including feed ingredients, compound feed, livestock and fishery products, plant proteins and animal proteins
- Food and beverages
- Investment and operation of assets, trading and logistics for fruit and vegetable processed goods, coffee, cocoa beans, tea, dairy products and other ingredients and products
Unifying production, distribution and sales to deliver delight and convenience to consumers.
- Retailing business, e-commerce business, brand business, fashion retailing business, and retail solutions business
- Planning and manufacturing of foodstuffs and delicatessen products; apparel products (OEM); pet products and miscellaneous items; information and service-related items; and packaging
- Logistics and Wholesaling
- Sales and marketing; logistics business, including demand forecasting, inventory optimization, and DCM; importing and exporting of foodstuffs, apparel, and raw materials; DC/TC contract management
Developing business from a global perspective and contributing to the enrichment of people's lives through high value-added services.
- Healthcare: Supporting the improvement of people’s physical health through the provision of Value Based Healthcare
- Healthcare provider businesses including hospitals and clinics, and healthcare-related ancillary service businesses, healthcare data businesses, Pharmaceutical sales, marketing and development businesses
- Preventive Care: Supporting the maintenance and promotion of mental and physical health through disease prevention and early detection of illness
- Digital health and preventive care related business, staffing, and education businesses
- Well-Being: Supporting richer and brighter lives through food and sports
- Placemaking, contract food services, uniform rental, facility management business
Creating added value unique to Mitsui & Co. in every industry and business field by capturing trends in global ICT.
- Digital Solutions
- ICT services, cybersecurity, industrial solutions, digital infrastructure
- B2C Platform
- TV shopping, broadcasting, digital media, digital ecosystem
- Contact center, digital marketing
- Innovative Business
- Healthcare DX, fintech, digital services
Promoting financial business, real estate business, logistics business and strategic projects leading to the evolution of Mitsui's business
- Financial business
- Real estate asset management (fund management for domestic and foreign real estate), financial asset management (real asset management using digital technology, etc.), insurance, leasing, private equity (buyout investment, venture investment) and commodity derivatives (commodity futures trading, crypto asset business with commodity-backed assets), etc.
- Real estate business
- Real estate development and leasing, property management, real estate brokerages and solutions and real estate-related businesses.
- Logistics business
- Worldwide distribution center (distribution processing for consumer goods including ecommerce fulfillment), global transportation (international multimodal transportation, etc.) and operation of warehouse automation business.