Services & Products
- Iron & Steel Products Business Unit
- Mineral & Metal Resources Business Unit
- Energy Business Unit I
- Energy Business Unit II
- Energy Solutions Business Unit
- Infrastructure Projects Business Unit
- Mobility Business Unit I
- Mobility Business Unit II
- Basic Materials Business Unit
- Performance Materials Business Unit
- Nutrition & Agriculture Business Unit
- Food Business Unit
- Retail Business Unit
- Healthcare & Service Business Unit
- IT & Communication Business Unit
- Corporate Development Business Unit
Leveraging the power of steel and other materials to create products and services that anticipate industry challenges and potential needs of customers.
- Mobility: Automobile weight reduction, strengthening and electrification
- Businesses: Manufacture of automotive parts, EV motors and power trains; operation of steel processing service centers
Trading in: Automotive steel, electrical steel, special steel, stainless steel, others
- Infrastructure: Development of a circular economy
- Businesses: Electric-arc-furnace, construction materials processing, comprehensive infrastructure maintenance
Trading in: Construction flat-rolled steel, shapes, bars, wire rods, steel structure material, construction pipe, others
- Energy: Initiatives to strengthen the energy supply chain
- Businesses: Wind turbine tower manufacturing and repair, fabrication of offshore structures and the provision of repair and technical support
Trading in: Oil and gas development materials (OCTG, line pipe, specialty pipe, plate, etc.)
Ensuring a secure and stable supply mineral and metal resources, and promoting the recycling business for a sustainable and circular economy.
- Develop, process and market underground resources (iron ore, coal, ferroalloys, copper, aluminium, nickel, cobalt, lithium, etc.)
- Promote recycling of surface resources (ferrous raw materials, aluminium, copper, petroleum coke, secondary batteries)
Pursuing a stable supply of energy through a value chain business spanning upstream to downstream
- Exploration, development and production of oil, natural gas and other energy resources
- Trading and marketing of oil, petroleum products, coal, uranium and other energy resources
A global player in the LNG/natural gas business and environmental business
- Development of liquefied natural gas (LNG)/natural gas projects
- Trading and marketing of LNG/natural gas
Pursuing a unique, multifaceted, and flexible approach to develop and deliver industrial solutions for global climate change, bringing together the knowledge, business foundations, and customer and partner base of Mitsui & Co.’s diverse business fields
- Next-generation power (distributed renewable energy (RE) generation, storage batteries, energy management services, virtual power plants)
- Electricity wholesale, retail, trading, and aggregation
- Next-generation mobility infrastructure (Battery as a Service, EV infrastructure, etc.)
- Next-generation energy (biofuels, hydrogen, carbon management such as emission credits and CO2 utilization)
- New business that anticipates structural changes, joint initiatives with other Business Units, businesses that consider the global environment (development of low-carbon cities, hydrogen societies, smart cities, digital infrastructure, etc.)
Developing infrastructure projects globally that help create better lives
- Thermal power, renewable energy, cogeneration, energy storage, VPP (virtual power plants), energy management services, power wholesaling, power retailing, etc.
- Natural resources infrastructure
- LNG import & export terminals, gas pipelines, gas distribution, petrochemical refineries & chemical plants, FPSO (Floating Production, Storage and Offloading) systems, etc.
- Logistics infrastructure
- Port container & non-container terminals, airport terminals, inland logistics terminals, etc.
- Environment & new business
- New business in which structural change is anticipated, collaboration with other business units on projects which require project development expertise, and projects with global environment consideration (low carbon smart city development, water treatment business, etc.)
Leveraging Mitsui's comprehensive capabilities to strengthen business models and create new added value, anticipating and responding to changes in the mobility services area
- Logistics, manufacturing, wholesale, retail and finance, leasing and rental of passenger vehicles, commercial vehicles, motorcycles, and automotive components
- Wholesale, retail, rental and finance of construction and mining equipment; sale of agricultural and industrial machinery (machine tools and robots, etc.)
- Passenger and freight transportation businesses, and railway infrastructure development and railway peripheral business (ridesharing, etc.)
Promoting the development of transport infrastructure in the marine, aviation, aerospace and railway fields in harmony with the global environment, utilizing new technologies and networks with global business partners
- Trade, ownership and operation of commercial ships; intermediary services for chartering vessels, sales of secondhand ships and ship equipment; ship management and technical services
- Sale and purchase, leasing of aircraft and aero engines, freighter conversion, sales of helicopter, business jet and space-related business including space satellite launch and release services
- Leasing of railcars and locomotives
Supporting the foundations of industry and the stable supply of materials, and using the power of chemistry to create value and help solve challenges faced by society
- Methanol and ammonia
- Olefins and chlor-alkali
- Aromatics and industrial chemicals
- Gas chemicals
- Basic chemicals
- Performance monomers
- Tank terminal business
Developing businesses that connect growth industries peripheral to the materials industry.
- Performance Materials
- Plastics and synthetic rubber, silicon and fluorocarbon polymers, catalysts and plastic additives, titanium oxide, etc.
- Advanced Materials
- Liquid crystal display materials & products, semiconductor materials, materials for dental care, procurement and logistics for electronics manufacturers, etc.
- Specialty Chemicals
- Green/bio-based raw materials, raw materials for detergents & surfactants, raw materials for lubricant oils, etc.
- Living & Environmental Materials
- Housing materials, woodchips, pulp and paper products, and industrial materials businesses
Engaging in a wide range of businesses broadly covering the food and chemicals areas
- Manufacture and sales of agrochemicals and fertilizers, global logistics services for fertilizer resources (phosphate rock) and raw materials (sulfur, sulfuric acid)
- Animal Nutrition
- Manufacture and sales of essential amino acid/methionine, raw materials and products for feeds such as specialty/organic minerals, enzymes, and dyes
- Human Nutrition
- Manufacture and sales of food ingredients and raw materials, pharmaceutical and aromatic raw materials
Engaged in the production, accumulation, marketing, manufacturing, and processing of food resources and products, we are working to develop our global business base and provide safe and reliable foods to the world
- Maintenance and improvement of assets at every stage of production and marketing from securing carbohydrate sources through processing and sales of finished products; Global marketing and logistics planning
- Oils and fats
- Investment and operation of assets, trading and logistics in the oilseed value chain of seed, oil milling and processed oils; Trading of staple foods such as rice, wheat and beans that support food culture; Specialty grains
- Investment and operation of assets, trading and logistics in the feed value chain, including feed ingredients, compound feed, livestock and fishery products, plant proteins and animal proteins
- Food and beverages
- Investment and operation of assets, trading and logistics for fruit and vegetable processed goods, coffee, cocoa beans, tea, dairy products and other ingredients and products
Unifying production, distribution and sales to deliver delight and convenience to consumers.
- Retailing business, brand business, fashion retailing business, food services, retail solutions business, points and digital payment business, and last-mile logistics
- Planning and manufacturing of foodstuffs and delicatessen products; apparel products (OEM); pet products and miscellaneous items; information and service-related items; and packaging
- Logistics and Wholesaling
- Sales and marketing; logistics business, including demand forecasting, inventory optimization, and DCM; importing and exporting of foodstuffs, apparel, and raw materials; DC/TC contract management
Developing business from a global perspective and contributing to the enrichment of people's lives through high value-added services
- Healthcare and pharma
- Healthcare provider businesses including hospitals and clinics, and healthcare-related ancillary service businesses
- Pharmaceutical manufacturing, sales and development businesses
- Contract food services, uniform rental, facility management, staffing, education, and human capital businesses in Japan and overseas
Creating added value unique to Mitsui & Co. in every industry and business field by capturing trends in global ICT.
- Industrial solutions
- Digital solutions for industry, cybersecurity, IoT/AI-related solution services, system integration
- Internet & Media
- AI/data analysis services, dynamic pricing, fintech, healthcare x IT business, broadcasting, TV shopping
- Marketing & Communications
- Digital marketing services, contact centers, telecommunications services, digital infrastructure business
Promoting financial business, real estate business, logistics business and strategic projects leading to the evolution of Mitsui's business
- Financial business
- Asset management, insurance, leasing, private equity (buyout investment, venture investment), and commodity derivatives (commodity trading), etc.
- Real estate business
- Real estate development and leasing, property management, real estate solutions and real estate-related businesses.
- Logistics business
- Worldwide distribution center, global transportation (international multimodal transportation, etc.) and heavy goods handling businesses.