Services & Products
- Iron & Steel Products Business Unit
- Mineral & Metal Resources Business Unit
- Infrastructure Projects Business Unit
- Integrated Transportation Systems Business Unit
- Basic Materials Business Unit
- Performance Materials Business Unit
- Nutrition & Agriculture Business Unit
- Energy Business Unit I
- Energy Business Unit II
- Food Business Unit
- Food & Retail Management Business Unit
- Healthcare & Service Business Unit
- Consumer Business Unit
- IT & Communication Business Unit
- Corporate Development Business Unit
Providing new value in the global steel product industry, with high-value-added services and business investment as the core elements
- Iron and steel products and semi-finished products
- Semi-finished steel products (slabs, billets, etc.), flat-rolled steel products (hot-rolled sheets, cold-rolled sheets, coated sheets, electrical sheets, etc.), bars, shapes, tubular products, wire rods, plates, automotive steel, special steel, stainless steel, others
- Investments in iron and steel businesses
- Steel manufacturing operations, steel processing service centers (processing and distribution operations), steel distribution business, automotive components business
Securing a stable supply of mineral and metal resources and developing our overall recycling business, while engaging in environmentally friendly operations
- Iron and steel raw materials (iron ore, coal, coke, ferroalloys, pig iron, HBI [hot briquetted iron])
- Non-ferrous metals (copper, alumina/aluminium, nickel, cobalt, rare metals, titanium)
- Secondary ferrous and non-ferrous raw materials (steel scrap, copper scrap, aluminium scrap, secondary aluminium alloys)
- Metal recycling and environmental solutions
Developing infrastructure projects globally that help create better lives
- Power generation/Renewable energy
- Thermal and hydro power stations, transmission and substation facilities, and renewable power generation such as wind farms and solar power facilities, etc.
- Energy, mineral resources and basic industrial infrastructure
- Energy resource facilities, iron mills and non-ferrous metal smelting plants, chemical plants, etc.
- Offshore oil and gas infrastructure
- Floating production, storage, and offloading (FPSO) systems, etc.
- Water treatment and supply
- Desalination facilities, wastewater treatment and recycling facilities, water supply and sewage facilities, etc.
- Project development
- Business fields other than above 3 fields, including logistic and social infrastructure, and cooperative projects with other business units that require project development capabilities.
Aiming to utilize Mitsui's comprehensive business engineering capabilities towards the future of the mobility sector to create new added value
- Logistics, manufacturing, wholesale, retail and finance business for automobiles, motorcycles, and automotive components
- Wholesale, retail, rental and finance business for mining and construction machinery; sales of agricultural and industrial machinery (machine tools and power-assist suits, etc.)
- Trade, ownership and operation of commercial ships; intermediary services for chartering vessels, sales of secondhand ships and equipment for ships; ship management and technical services
- Sales and purchase, leasing, and finance business for aircraft, helicopters, and aircraft engines
- Passenger and freight railway operations, rolling stock leasing, railway infrastructure development
Create new value in various business fields through the "power of chemistry"
- Methanol and ammonia
- Olefins and chlor-alkali
- Aromatics and industrial chemicals
- Coating materials
Developing businesses that connect growth industries peripheral to the materials industry.
- Performance Materials
- Plastics and synthetic rubber, silicon and fluorocarbon polymers, catalysts and plastic additives, titanium oxide, etc.
- Advanced Materials
- Liquid crystal display materials & products, semiconductor materials, procurement and logistics for electronics manufacturers, etc.
- Specialty Chemicals
- Green/bio-based raw materials, raw materials for detergents & surfactants, raw materials for lubricant oils, etc.
Engaging in wide-ranging businesses in the food and chemicals areas
- Manufacture and sales of agrochemicals and fertilizers, global logistics services for fertilizer resources (phosphate rock) and raw materials (sulfur, sulfuric acid)
- Animal Nutrition
- Manufacture and sales of essential amino acid/methionine, raw materials and products for feeds such as specialty/organic minerals, enzymes, and dyes
- Food Science
- Manufacture and sales of food ingredients and raw materials, pharmaceutical and aromatic raw materials
Being a leading integrated energy player
- Exploration, development and production of oil and natural gas, uranium and other energy resources
- Trading and marketing of oil, petroleum products, coal, uranium and other energy resources
A global player in the LNG/natural gas business and environmental business
- Development of liquefied natural gas (LNG)/natural gas projects
- Trading and marketing of LNG/natural gas
- New value-added ways of commercializing natural gas
- Development of next-generation energy and environmental business
Securing reliable and safe foods and creating a stable, efficient food supply structures for Japan and overseas
- Protein materials
- Feed, livestock and aquaculture; marketing, asset management and investment in value chains
- Fats and staple foods
- Oil milling and edible oil processing; marketing, asset management and investment in value chains; agriculture; staples that are the basis of food cultures, such as rice and wheat
- Maintenance and improvement of assets at every stage of production and marketing, from the securement of carbohydrate sources through processing and sales of finished products; global marketing and logistics planning
- Logistic networks
- Global marketing and logistics planning for food resources (excluding carbohydrate products)
Unifying production, distribution and sales to provide consumers with safe, stable and convenient food supply
- Retail support businesses including provision of advanced functions through tie-ups with retailers and provision of logistics management, traceability and product planning and development capabilities using Demand Chain Management (DCM) systems; import, export, in-market and international trading of food products and packaging materials; retail businesses in Japanese and overseas markets
- Products & Wholesaling
- Wholesale operations; import, export, in-market and international trading of processed foods, frozen foods, confectionery, pet foods and other products; demand-pull distribution of agricultural products
- Food ingredients
- Beverage ingredients such as fruit juice, coffee and tea; dairy products
Contributing to the enrichment of people's lives by creating business from a global perspective and providing high value-added services
- Healthcare and pharma
- Healthcare service provision and related ancillary businesses; health information related businesses; comprehensive support services for healthcare providers
- Contract food services, uniform rental, facility management, staffing, education and franchising businesses in Japan and overseas
Contributing to the enrichment of people's lives by providing high value-added products and services that anticipate changing needs
- Real estate
- Real estate development and leasing, property management, real estate solutions and real estate-related businesses
- Life Essentials
- Housing materials, woodchips, pulp and paper products, and industrial materials businesses
- Brand marketing businesses, OEM (manufacturing products for other brands), and apparel and textile materials procurement.
Development and promotion of innovative ICT business
ICT-based solutions that add market value, high-speed mobile internet connection, online payment, e-commerce, online advertising, broadcasting, TV shopping, contact centers, cyber-security, data centers and cloud computing, etc.
Promoting financial business, logistics business and strategic projects leading to the evolution of Mitsui’s business
- Financial business
- Asset management, insurance, leasing, private equity (buyout investment, venture investment), and commodity derivatives (commodity trading), etc.
- Logistics business
- Worldwide distribution center, global transportation (international multimodal transportation, vessel charter operation, etc.) and heavy goods handling businesses.