Services & Products
Food & Retail Management Business Unit
Unifying production, distribution and sales to deliver delight and convenience to consumers.
- Retail solutions including provision of CRM and product development capabilities); Retail support businesses including provision of advanced functions through tie-ups with retailers and provision of logistics management and traceability using Demand Chain Management (DCM) systems; Retail businesses; Wholesale operations; distribution of agricultural products
- Manufacturing of ingredients and processed foods; Manufacturing of prepared foods; trading of packaging materials; logistics; import, export, in-market and international trading of pet foods and other products
Overseas convenience store business (02:28)
Operates 7-Eleven stores in Chonqing with New Hope Group, China's leading private agribusiness firm
Building consumer-oriented business
Concomitant with economic development in Asia and other emerging regions and nations, many countries are witnessing growth in the middle class and seeing rapid changes in the consumer demand structure. Consumer demand is also changing in Japan, increasingly influenced by the long-term trend of a declining and graying population. In the Food & Retail Management Business Unit, we are responding to these global changes by developing business that is closely aligned with today's markets and consumers.
Leveraging Group resources in overseas growth markets
In overseas growth markets, we are applying capabilities in product development, food technology, quality control, logistics and other areas that we have developed in the Japanese food sector. Working together with Group companies, we are using our comprehensive capabilities to engineer businesses that contribute to safe and stable food supply and enhanced consumer convenience.
Production, distribution and retail activities
In Japan, we have developed a national distribution network centered on food wholesaler Mitsui Foods Co., Ltd. This network serves as a link between retailers and foreign and domestic food producers. We also have a particularly strong business relationship with Seven and I Holdings Co., Ltd., providing their convenience store and supermarket chains with sophisticated Demand Chain Management (DCM) systems for merchandizing and logistics. We are also providing DCM systems to 7-Eleven Inc. and 7-Eleven China in their respective markets. Also, in the Chinese city of Chongqing, we have launched a convenience store business with 7-Eleven and local partners
- Food wholesaling: Mitsui Foods Co., Ltd. (Japan)
- DCM business with Seven and I Holdings Co., Ltd.(Japan, USA, China)
- 7-Eleven store operation in the Chinese city of Chongqing (China)
- Cooking oil processing: Ventura Foods LLC (USA)
- Eataly Asia Pacific store operation (Japan)
- Fast Moving Consumer Goods business: GCPPL (India)
- International logistics center operation: MCC Logistics Korea Ltd. (Korea)
- Jun. 15, 2015
- Mitsui and Kichiri to participate in Italian food retail, dining, and wholesale business in Japan and the Asia Pacific Region
- Mar. 13, 2015
- Mitsui to Participate in Manufacture and Sales of Processed Tomato Products for Food Manufacturers