Services & Products
Performance Materials Business Unit
Developing businesses that connect growth industries peripheral to the materials industry.
- Performance Materials
- Plastics and synthetic rubber, silicon and fluorocarbon polymers, catalysts and plastic additives, titanium oxide, etc.
- Advanced Materials
- Liquid crystal display materials & products, semiconductor materials, materials for dental care, procurement and logistics for electronics manufacturers, etc.
- Specialty Chemicals
- Green/bio-based raw materials, raw materials for detergents & surfactants, raw materials for lubricant oils, etc.
Green Chemical Business (03:29)
Produces chemical raw materials such as fatty acids and glycerin using RSPO-certified palm oil
Developing businesses primarily in growth industries in cooperation with strategic partners
At the Performance Materials Business Unit, we develop businesses that serve as bridges between growth industries that are peripheral to the materials industry. By enhancing the performance of materials such as resin, carbon fiber, and specialty chemicals, used in focus areas of automobiles, consumer products, ICT, and new industries, we help to provide solutions to global social issues, leading to greater environmental awareness and improved quality of life. We also form strategic alliances with partners to promote business development, and seek to develop new businesses that enable us to leverage our materials business strengths.
Taking a materials perspective to developing industrial solutions for global issues
The Performance Materials Business Unit aims to take a materials approach to helping achieve a sustainable society, building high standards of living, and developing our business in providing a wide range of growth industries with added value created from constantly evolving materials.
In the performance and advanced materials areas, as a total solution provider for key materials business underpinning key manufacturing industries, we offer global distribution of plastics and inorganic materials. In the electronics industry, we provide procurement logistic service solutions to electronics component manufacturers. In the specialty chemicals area, we are responding to the growing market need for environmentally friendly solutions through our proactive engagement in the green/biochemical business, which uses non-petrochemical raw materials such as biomass.
- Distribution of synthetic resin products at Mitsui & Co. Plastics Ltd. (Japan)
- Engaging in building a carbon fiber composite supply chain
- Manufacturing and distribution of raw materials for detergents (linear alkylbenzene) at LABIX Inc. (Thailand)
- Aug. 1, 2016
- Mitsui to Participate in a German Automotive Engineering Company Specializing in Composite Applications
- Jun. 23, 2016
- Mitsui to Acquire PT Champion Pacific Indonesia—Indonesian Manufacturer of Flexible Packaging for Pharmaceutical Products
- Apr. 27, 2016
- Leading players shaping the hydrogen industry
- Mar. 31, 2016
- Commencement of Production of Detergent Raw Materials (Linear Alkylbenzene) in Thailand