Services & Products
Mobility Business Unit II
Promoting the development of transport infrastructure in the marine, aviation, aerospace and railway fields in harmony with the global environment, utilizing new technologies and networks with global business partners
- Trade, ownership and operation of commercial ships; intermediary services for chartering vessels, sales of secondhand ships; ship equipment, DX and environment-related business
- Sale, purchase, leasing and financing of airplanes, helicopters and aircraft engines, and other aviation-related business
- Space-related business
- Leasing of locomotives and rolling stocks
Mobility Chain Concept (01:54)
Create new value with partners by combining and recombining group-wide functions and know-how, technology and ideas, from underground to outer space.
Providing cutting-edge functions and services for customer needs around the world, flexibly responding to environmental change
In the shipping arena, using the general commercial ship sales business as a foundation, we aim to achieve a balanced business portfolio consisting of both business development and management-type investments, evolving our business models day to day. In addition to owning, operating, and chartering general cargo ships, petroleum product transport ships, car carriers, and container ships, etc., we are working expand into new fields such as LNG ships and energy logistics related business, and FSRU, with the goal of further developing a stable future earnings base. We are also actively taking measures to reduce environmental impact, as well as new initiatives using digital technologies.
In the aviation arena, we are working to further establish our presence as a global player in the industry and will aim to increase earnings by focusing on our aircraft and aero engine leasing, freighter conversion, import and distribution of helicopters and business jets, and satellite launch and rideshare services.
In the aerospace arena, we provide access to space from locations across the world. We are a service provider for JAXA’s first private sector small satellite deployment project that launches from the International Space Station (ISS), and we offer a satellite ride-sharing service through Spaceflight Inc, a company in which we hold an equity interest. In addition, we are working to create new businesses through the utilization of satellite data and low earth orbit, which are expected to grow in the future.
In rail, our rolling stock leasing business is expanding in U.S.A., Europe and Russia. Demand is expected to grow for rail as an environmentally friendly logistics channel, and we aim to provide services that meet our customers' needs.
- Orient Marine Co., Ltd. (Chartering and broking of ships, Japan)
- Maersk Product Tankers A/S (Joint ownership of vessels with Maersk Group, Denmark)
- Rosewood Shipping Pte. Ltd. (Ownership and operation of LNG carriers for the Cameron LNG project, U.S.A., Singapore)
- BW FSRU II (Floating LNG receiving terminal business, Pakistan)
- Bearing, Inc. (AI-driven platform for optimization of vessel operations, U.S.A.)
- M&B Conversions Ltd. (Passenger to freighter modification business, Israel)
- Spaceflight Inc. (Satellite ride-sharing business, U.S.A.)
- Mitsui Rail Capital Europe B.V. (Locomotive leasing, Netherlands, Germany)
Releases & Topics
- Apr. 23, 2021TOPICS
- Mitsui & Co. to Participate in the Maersk Mc-Kinney Moller Center for Zero Carbon Shipping
- Feb. 12, 2020TOPICS
- Mitsui acquires U.S.-based satellite rideshare service provider Spaceflight
- May 29, 2018TOPICS
- Mitsui selected to provide small satellite launch service from the ISS
- Apr. 3, 2018TOPICS
- Mitsui Rail Capital Europe establishes joint venture with Siemens for the maintenance of locomotives in the Netherlands
- Mar. 14, 2018Releases
- Mitsui to invest in U.S. Next-generation Aerospace Company Spaceflight Industries