Services & Products
Mobility Business Unit II
Promoting the development of transport infrastructure in the marine, aviation, aerospace and railway fields in harmony with the global environment, utilizing new technologies and networks with global business partners
- Trade, ownership and operation of commercial ships; intermediary services for chartering vessels, sales of secondhand ships; ship equipment, DX and environment-related business
- Sale, purchase, leasing and financing of airplanes, helicopters and aircraft engines, and other aviation-related business
- Space-related business
- Leasing of locomotives
Mobility Chain Concept (01:54)
Create new value with partners by combining and recombining group-wide functions and know-how, technology and ideas, from underground to outer space.
Providing cutting-edge functions and services for customer needs around the world, flexibly responding to environmental change
In the shipping arena, using the general commercial ship sales business as a foundation, we aim to achieve a balanced business portfolio consisting of both business development and management-type investments, evolving our business models day to day. In addition to owning, operating, and chartering general cargo ships, petroleum product transport ships, car carriers, and container ships, etc., we are working expand into new fields such as LNG ships and energy logistics related business, and FSRU, with the goal of further developing a stable future earnings base. We are also actively taking measures to reduce environmental impact such as development and trading of next generation alternative fuel vessels, as well as new initiatives using digital technologies.
In the aviation arena, we are working to further establish our presence as a global player in the industry and will aim to increase earnings by focusing on our aircraft and aero engine leasing, freighter conversion, import and distribution of helicopters and business jets, and satellite launch and rideshare services.
In the aerospace arena, we provide access to space from locations across the world. We are a service provider for JAXA’s first private sector small satellite deployment project that launches from the International Space Station (ISS), and we offer a satellite ride-sharing service through Spaceflight Inc, a company in which we hold an equity interest. In addition, we have established a position as a ground station and communication service provider, and are working to create new businesses through the utilization of satellite data and the ISS, which are expected to grow in the future.
In rail, our locomotive leasing business is expanding in Europe. Demand is expected to grow for rail as an environmentally friendly logistics channel, and we aim to provide services that meet our customers' needs.
- Orient Marine Co., Ltd. (Chartering and broking of ships, Japan)
- Maersk Product Tankers A/S (Joint ownership of vessels with Maersk Group, Denmark)
- Rosewood Shipping Pte. Ltd. (Ownership and operation of LNG carriers for the Cameron LNG project, U.S.A., Singapore)
- BW FSRU II (Floating LNG receiving terminal business, Pakistan)
- Bearing, Inc. (AI-driven platform for optimization of vessel operations, U.S.A.)
- M&B Conversions Ltd. (Passenger to freighter modification business, Israel)
- Spaceflight Inc. (Satellite ride-sharing business, U.S.A.)
- ATLAS Space Operations, Inc. (Ground station service, U.S.A)
- Mitsui Rail Capital Europe B.V. (Locomotive leasing, Netherlands, Germany)
Releases & Topics
- Sep. 14, 2023TOPICS
- Mitsui selected to conduct a concept study of Japanese module
- Sep. 1, 2023TOPICS
- Mitsui to Invest in Finnish Ship System Integrator Promoting Onboard Energy Efficiency Improvement
- Jan. 27, 2023TOPICS
- MOL and Mitsui Acquire AiP for Large Ammonia-powered Bulk Carrier
- Oct. 25, 2022TOPICS
- Ocean-space collaboration for maritime safety and security Seven companies and OPRI launch the Satellite VDES Consortium in Japan