Services & Products
Corporate Development Business Unit
Promoting financial business, logistics business and strategic projects leading to the evolution of Mitsui’s business
- Financial business
- Asset management, insurance, leasing, private equity (buyout investment, venture investment), and commodity derivatives (commodity trading), etc.
- Logistics business
- Worldwide distribution center, global transportation (international multimodal transportation, etc.) and heavy goods handling businesses.
Constantly evolving high-performance logistics services (02:15)
The distribution processing services of Mitsui & Co. Global Logistics, Ltd.
Promoting financial business, logistics business and strategic projects leading to the evolution of Mitsui's business
At the Corporate Development Business Unit, we utilize our expertise in finance and logistics to develop business in new fields, leading to further evolution of Mitsui & Co.'s business.
Asset Management and insurance: Operations include asset management (management of a wide range of funds, including real estate and infrastructure funds, as well as securities brokering), insurance agency, insurance brokerage, and captive insurance (self-insurance) businesses.
Leasing: Operations include leasing businesses.
Private Equity: Operations include a buyout investment business for creating new businesses and a venture investments business centered on the domestic and international ICT and healthcare fields.
Commodity Derivatives: We generate revenue and provide clients with risk management/price hedging tools through commodity derivatives in precious metals, non-ferrous metals, energy, and other commodities.
Logistics: We operate distribution center and heavy goods handling businesses worldwide. In addition, we contribute to further development of Mitsui's trading activities through our global transportation business (international multimodal transportation, etc.).
- REIT/Real estate fund business (logistics real estate investment trust business targeting investment in Japan, Singapore and Thailand)
- Private equity investment business (buyout investment, domestic and international venture investment)
- Commodity derivative trading business (trading of energy, precious metals, non-ferrous metals, and other commodities)
- Distribution center operations (logistics for consumer goods, including ecommerce support, in Japan and other parts of Asia), and specialty logistics (heavy goods handling business, etc.).
- Nov. 11, 2016
- Notice Concerning Approval for the Listing of MIRAI Corporation Investment Units on the Tokyo Stock Exchange
- Mar. 31, 2016
- Deconsolidation of Mitsui & Co. LNG Investment Limited