Services & Products
Mobility Business Unit I
Leveraging Mitsui's comprehensive capabilities to strengthen business models and create new added value, anticipating and responding to changes in the mobility services area and needs relating to carbon neutrality.
- Logistics, manufacturing, wholesale, retail and finance, leasing and rental of passenger vehicles, commercial vehicles, motorcycles, and automotive components
- Wholesale, retail, rental and finance of construction and mining equipment; sale of agricultural and industrial machinery (machine tools, robots, etc.)
- Passenger and freight transportation businesses, and railway infrastructure development and railway peripheral business (ridesharing, etc.)
New Mobility, New Ways of Life (1:00)
Mitsui & Co. sees the opportunity to develop multiple mobility businesses for new forms of living and transportation.
Responding to new trends in mobility services and expanding our earnings base
In the motor vehicles field, in addition to the export and import of vehicles and parts, the Mobility Business Unit I has established upstream through downstream value chains across its entire operating area, which encompasses logistics, production, wholesale, retail sales, financing, leasing, and rental services. We also focus on expanding our business base to offer a stable supply of transportation services that serve a wide variety of customers and respond to their changing needs, such as town creation and electrification (EV / FCV) with low environmental load, the shift from owning products to using services, and the sharing economy. Leveraging this business platform, through operating independently or together with strategic business partners, we move to secure a stable earnings base and globalize our human resources.
In the construction and mining field, we conduct sales, aftersales service, financing, and rental operations around the globe. We have developed a machinery sales business for machine tools, industrial robots and agricultural equipment, and a business focused on the technological advancement and automation of construction, industrial machinery and mining equipment to cope with increased demand for infrastructure all over the world. We also operate a domestic construction machinery rental business and a business selling service robots.
In the rail transport field, in addition to the import and export of rolling stock, railway facilities and systems, and offshore sales, we are utilizing Japanese institutional finance and public-private partnership schemes to invest in various rail transport infrastructure projects, leasing rolling stock, and operating a freight transportation business in Brazil as well as passenger transportation businesses in Brazil and the UK. We provide services that meet the needs of customers throughout the rail transport value chain including railway peripheral businesses.
- Automobile value chain development with Toyota Group (Toyota, Hino, Daihatsu, Subaru)
- Yamaha retail finance business, manufacturing, distribution business (Asia); truck leasing, rental and logistics business with Penske Truck Leasing; automotive and commercial truck dealerships with Penske Automotive Group (U.S.A., Europe, etc.); Automobile operating lease through Inversiones Mitta SpA (Chile)
- Construction and mining equipment sales, aftersales service and financing business with Komatsu and others (Americas, Australia, CIS, etc.); machine tools and robot sales (Americas, Asia); agricultural machinery sales with Yanmar (India, Myanmar); construction equipment rental business (Japan); computerized construction systems (Australia)
- Passenger transportation businesses (Brazil, UK); freight transportation business (Brazil); rolling stock leasing (Brazil)
Releases & Topics
- Nov. 7, 2023Releases
- Acquisition of Shares in Company Selling and Servicing Machinery for Open-pit and Underground Mining in Peru, Plans for Future Business Integration
- Apr. 19, 2023TOPICS
- Mitsui & Co., Ltd. has completed a strategic investment in Optimus Technologies, Inc., an advanced fuel system manufacturer in United States.
- Oct. 27, 2022TOPICS
- Mitsui Establishes Joint Venture for Truck Leasing with Salim Group and Penske Truck Leasing in Indonesia
- Oct. 4, 2022TOPICS
- Maersk Oil Trading, METS, Mitsui and ABS Develop Methanol Bunkering Project in Singapore