Services & Products
Nutrition & Agriculture Business Unit
Engaging in a wide range of businesses broadly covering the food and chemicals areas
- Agrochemicals (including biopesticide), seeds and fertilizers, fertilizer resources (phosphate rock) and raw materials (sulfur, sulfuric acid)
- Animal Solution
- Amino acid, additives for feeds such as organic minerals, enzymes and animal health products
- Food Science
- Food ingredients, functional food materials, pharmaceutical and flavor/fragrance raw materials
- High-quality supplements, testing and data services for wellness
Feed additives business (02:20)
Major methionine producer Novus. Its flagship product ALIMET helps promote efficient livestock growth
Leveraging agriculture, animal solution, food science, and wellness to meet the changing needs of the times, and working to build new businesses utilizing existing assets and business partners
The rise in global population is impacting the structure of food demand. At the Nutrition & Agriculture Business Unit, we are making preparations for the increasing demand for animal protein resources by expanding the manufacture of amino acid and development of animal health products, while contributing to the stable supply and productivity of food through the manufacture and sales of agricultural inputs (fertilizers, agrochemicals, seeds) and global trading of fertilizer resources and sulfur/sulfuric acid. In addition, we are proceeding with wide-ranging business activities and efforts to contribute to reducing the greenhouse gas emissions and reducing the environmental burden of food and agriculture industries and improving their sustainability.
With the expansion of the middle-income population globally, we expect to see a subsequent expansion in market size and demand for delicious and healthy food. Furthermore, as people become increasingly aware of lengthening lifespans, we also expect 'testing' and 'nutrition' to provide a gateway into a new market for preventative healthcare products and services. By leveraging the hybrid function of our science and food businesses, we will continue to provide products that meet the diversifying needs of consumers.
- Manufacture and sales of feed additive amino acid, methionine and raw materials and products for feeds in each specialty area at Novus International (U.S.A)
- Development, manufacture and sales of high-performance supplements, provision of testing and data services at Thorne HealthTech (U.S.A), and further business expansion to Asia
- Phosphate rock and fertilizer business at Compania Minera Miski Mayo S.R.L (Peru)
- Sales of fertilizers, agrochemicals, seeds, irrigation tools and other agricultural supplies at Nueva Agroindustrias del Norte (Mexico)
- Manufacture and sales of agrochemicals at Mitsui AgriScience International S.A./N.V. (Europe)
- Manufacture and sales of biopesticides at Certis Biologicals (U.S.A)
- Development and sales of vegetable seeds (Europe)
- Manufacture and sales of food, pharmaceutical and chemical product materials at B Food Science Co., Ltd. (Japan)
Releases & Topics
- Aug. 29, 2023TSE
- Notice of Planned Share Transfer of Thorne HealthTech, Inc.
- Aug. 17, 2023TOPICS
- Mitsui invests in RRG Nature Based Solutions, a regenerative agriculture project developing company in US
- Jun. 23, 2023TSE
- Acquisition of Shares in a Functional Food Ingredients Business Affiliated to Celanese Corporation
- Apr. 26, 2023TOPICS
- Mitsui & Co. Invests in Africa-based B2B Retail Digital Platform Technology Company Kyosk
- Dec. 26, 2022Releases
- Mitsui to Acquire All Shares in Sumitomo Pharma Animal Health Co., Ltd.