Services & Products
Infrastructure Projects Business Unit
Developing infrastructure projects globally that help create better lives
- Thermal power, renewable energy, cogeneration, energy storage, VPP (virtual power plants), energy management services, power wholesaling, power retailing, etc.
- Oil & gas infrastructure
- LNG import & export terminals, gas pipelines, gas distribution, petrochemical refineries & chemical plants, FPSO (Floating Production, Storage and Offloading) systems, etc.
- Logistics infrastructure
- Port container & non-container terminals, airport terminals, inland logistics terminals, etc.
- Environment & new business
- New business in which structural change is anticipated, collaboration with other business units on projects which require project development expertise, and projects with global environment consideration (low carbon smart city development, water treatment business, etc.)
Container Terminal Business (1:50)
A new international container terminal at Tanjung Priok Port in Indonesia’s capital will contribute to the country’s prosperity.
Project development and comprehensive business engineering capabilities
The Infrastructure Projects Business Unit provides infrastructure necessary for economic and social development and creation of better environments.
Developing and improving vital production facilities and social infrastructure for modern society requires more than large capital investment. A broad array of expertise is also needed, including the formulation of master plans, implementation of feasibility studies, supply of equipment and machinery, construction, financing and project management. At the Infrastructure Projects Business Unit, we utilize our global distribution network and cooperate with top-class partners to provide total project solutions based on our wide-ranging construction expertise and the latest financial technology. We have a strong track record of successfully completing major projects all over the world, including a gas distribution business in Brazil and Mexico, a FPSO ownership and chartering business, and a power generation business. We meet a variety of infrastructure needs all over the world with four main business areas- power (thermal power, renewable energy, cogeneration, energy storage, virtual power plants, energy management services, e.g. power wholesaling and retailing), oil & gas infrastructure, logistics infrastructure, and environment & new domains.
For the environment and future generations
We are stepping up our environmental business initiatives in areas including renewable energy and are working to reduce greenhouse gas emissions through investments in photovoltaic and solar thermal power generation projects, wind farm projects, hydropower projects, biomass power generation projects, etc.
- Power generation projects (Japan, Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia, Oceania)
- Gas distribution projects (Brazil, Mexico, etc.)
- FPSO ownership and chartering business (Brazil, Africa, Asia, Oceania)
- Seabed mining vessel projects (Brazil)
- LNG terminal project (Mexico)
- Port terminal business (Thailand, Indonesia, Africa etc.)
- Water supply & wastewater treatment projects (Thailand, Mexico, etc.)
- May 11, 2018
- MODEC, Mitsui, MOL, Marubeni and Mitsui E&S to Proceed with the Ultra-Deepwater FPSO Charter Project for Mero field of Brazilian Offshore Pre-Salt Oil Field
- Jan. 9, 2018
- MODEC, Mitsui, MOL, Marubeni and MES to Proceed with the Ultra-Deepwater FPSO Charter Project for Sepia Area of Brazilian Offshore Pre-Salt Oil Field
- Nov. 20, 2017
- Investment in ETC Group Limited
- Oct. 10, 2017
- Mitsui to Participate in Desalination and Pumping Projects for BHP Spence Copper Mine in Chile
- Jul. 21, 2017
- Mitsui to Sell Its Interest in First Hydro