Personal Information Protection Guidelines
We will only use the personal data gathered over this website as set out in this Policy. Below you will find information on how we use your personal data, for which purposes your personal data is used, with whom it is shared and what control and information rights you may have.
Summary of our processing activities
The following summary provides you with a quick overview of the processing activities that are undertaken on our website. You will find more detailed information under the indicated sections below.
- When you visit our website for informational reasons, only limited personal data will be processed to provide you with the website itself.
- Furthermore, your personal data will be used for statistical analysis that helps us to improve our website. Additionally, we improve your website experience with third party content.
- Your personal data may be disclosed to third parties that might be located outside your country of residence; potentially, different data protection standards may apply.
- We have implemented appropriate safeguards to secure your personal data and retain your personal data only as long as necessary.
- Under the legislation applicable to you, you may be entitled to exercise certain rights with regard to the processing of your personal data.
- Personal Data: means any information relating to a natural person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, or an online identifier.
- Processing: means any operation which is performed on personal data, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or any kind of disclosure or other use.
Information Collection and Use
When you visit our website, we automatically collect information about you which will contain personal data only in limited cases and which is automatically recognised by our server, such as your IP address, information about browsing actions and patterns, your screen resolution and operating system, information about general internet usage and referring websites.
We use such information only to assist us in providing an effective service (e.g. to adapt our website to the needs of your end user device), to guarantee the website’s stability and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use.
The personal data automatically collected is necessary for us to provide the website, making such processing admissible according to Article 6 sec. 1 sent. 1 lit. b GDPR. Furthermore, guaranteeing the website’s stability and security is our legitimate interest pursuant to Article 6 sec. 1 sent. 1 lit. f GDPR.
Personal data that is collected automatically is retained for 12 months and properly erased afterwards.
Automated decision making
We do not use your personal data for automated decision making which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
For statistical analyses we use a tool called Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Googe LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States, to collect information about the use of this site.
Google Analytics collects information such as what content pages etc. We use the information we get from Google LLC only to determine the most useful information you are looking for, and to improve and optimize this website. We do not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with personal data.
The information generated about your use of the website will be transmitted to and stored by Google LLC on servers in the United States. Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit this site, rather than your name or other identifying information. The provider will use this information in order to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activities and to provide other services relating to website and internet use to us.
The legal basis for this processing is Art. 6 sec. 1 sent. 1 lit. f GDPR and represents our legitimate interest to analyse our website’s traffic to improve the user’s experience and to optimize the website in general. Google LLC will retain the personal data that is collected for statistical analyses for  months.
Cookies are data files that are placed on a computer when it is used to visit a Website. These cookies may be used for many purposes, including, without limitation, tracking user preferences or web pages visited while using the Website. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to remove or reject cookies, but note that doing so does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our Website. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Website. In addition, please be aware that if you choose to block cookies, some advertising preferences that are dependent on cookies may not be able to be respected.
We use the following cookies on our website:
Please scroll horizontally to look at table below.
|VA_CONV_ID||Mitsui||To measure conversion for analysis of video stream||persistent|
|VA_SESSION_ID||Mitsui||To measure session for analysis of video stream||session|
|_ga||Used to distinguish users||persistent|
|_gat||Used to throttle request rate||persistent|
|_gid||Used to distinguish users||persistent|
We will not disclose your personal data to any third parties, except for our processor Mitsui Knowledge Industry Co. (MKI), Ltd., Atago Green Hills MORI Tower, 2-5-1 Atago, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-6215 Japan that can access our system for maintenance purposes. We have a Data Processing Agreement in place with MKI in order to secure a proper level of data protection.
In the event that we undergo re-organisation or are sold to a third party, any personal data we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organised entity or third party in compliance with applicable law.
We may disclose your personal data if legally entitled or required to do so (for example if required by law or by a court order).
We have reasonable state of the art security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal data under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to personal data. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via our website whilst it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at your own risk.
We strive to keep our processing activities with respect to your personal data as limited as possible. In the absence of specific retention periods set out in this policy, your personal data will be retained only for as long as we need it to fulfil the purpose for which we have collected it and, if applicable, as long as required by statutory retention requirements.
Under the legislation applicable to you, you may be entitled to exercise some or all of the following rights:
- require (i) information whether your personal data is retained and (ii) access to and/or duplicates of your personal data retained, including the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned, and the data recipients as well as potential retention periods;
- request rectification, removal or restriction of your personal data, e.g. because (i) it is incomplete or inaccurate, (ii) it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected, or (iii) the consent on which the processing was based has been withdrawn;
- refuse to provide and – without impact to data processing activities that have taken place before such withdrawal – withdraw your consent to processing of your personal data at any time;
- object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, that your personal data shall be subject to a processing. In this case, please provide us with information about your particular situation. After the assessment of the facts presented by you we will either stop processing your personal data or present you our compelling legitimate grounds for an ongoing processing; and/or
- take legal actions in relation to any potential breach of your rights regarding the processing of your Personal data, as well as to lodge complaints before the competent data protection regulators.
- require (i) to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and (ii) to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from our side; where technically feasible you shall have the right to have the personal data transmitted directly from us to another controller;
You may (i) exercise the rights referred to above or (ii) pose any questions or (iii) make any complaints regarding our data processing by contacting us under the contact details set out below.
1-3, Marunouchi 1-chome, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 100-8631, Japan
Mitsui & Co., Ltd., Representative Office for Personal Information Protection
Contact us at: https://form.mitsui.com/webapp/form/16694_csy_13/index.do
The Information you provide when contacting us will be processed to handle your request and will be erased when your request has been answered. Alternatively, we will restrict the processing of the respective Information in accordance with statutory retention requirements.
Amendments to this Policy