Mitsui & Co. (U.S.A.), Inc.
Mitsui USA Foundation
Grants Across the USA
- Baruch College, Weissman Center for International Business, CUNY: “Weissman Center/Mitsui USA Scholars,” “Mitsui USA Lunchtime Forums;” and “Mitsui USA PIA (Practitioners in Academia) Fellows”
- Columbia University, Center on Japanese Economy & Business (CJEB): "CJEB Lecture Series”
- City University of New York, CUNY: EDGE Program Mitsui USA Scholars Program (full tuition)
- International House, NY: "Mitsui USA Foundation Fund Program"
- Japan America Society of Tennessee: "JAST / Mitsui USA Scholars”, “Japanese Speech Contest”, and Lecture Program
- Japanese Medical Society of America, NY: "JMSA / Mitsui USA Scholars"
- John Carroll University, East Asian Studies Program, OH: "JCU / Mitsui USA Distinguished Lecture”
- Polytechnic School of Engineering, NYU: “NYU-Poly / Mitsui USA STEM Learning” with STEM Fellows and Lab Scholars) NYU Dept. of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Walsh University, OH: “Thea Bowman Scholars”
- Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank, OH: “Direct Distribution Program”
- Boston Higashi School, MA: "Continuing Adult Education" for autistic individuals”
- Boys & Girls Club of Middle Tennessee: “College Tour” program
- Citymeals-on-Wheels: “Holiday Meals NYC”
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Greater Illinois Chapter: “Research & Patient Services”
- Galveston Bay Foundation, TX: “Preservation of the Galveston Bay salt-marsh estuary”
- Good Shepherd Shelter of Los Angeles: “Youth Educational Program”
- Habitat for Humanity of Summit County, OH: "Neighborhood Building: Adopt-A-House"
- Hamilton-Madison House, Lower East Side, NYC: “Seniors Hot Lunches” and “Japanese Outpatient Mental Health Clinic”
- Houston Food Bank: “Kids Backpack Buddy Club”
- Japanese American Association of New York (JAA): "Senior Luncheons," “Committee on Aging,” and "Apple Kids Group"
- Japanese American Social Services Inc. (JASSI), NY: “Bilingual Hotline”
- Our Kids, Nashville, TN: “Soup Sunday” fundraiser
- Pike Market Senior Center & Food Bank, Seattle: "Homeless & Low-income Nutrition Security"
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee: “Kids Backpack Program”
- Sharefest Community Development, Los Angeles County: “Youth Development Academy”
- Special Olympics New York: “Healthy Athletes” and “Support an Athlete”
- WestSide Baby, Seattle: “Diaper Bank”
- Yu-Ai Kai Japanese American Community Senior Service of San Jose, CA: "Transportation," "Nutrition: No Hungry Senior," and “Caregivers Support Group”
- “COVID-19 Community Relief Sharing Association Grants”: grants supporting frontline food banks, shelters and other non-profit organizations and funds providing a wide range of relief and support.
Arts & Culture
- Midori & Friends Foundation: “Making Music,” PS 72 East Harlem and YM & YWHA of Washington Heights and Inwood, NYC
- “Mitsui USA Sons’ & Daughters’ Scholarships” for U.S. undergraduate-level support, administered by Scholarship America ®, MN
- “Mitsui USA Matching Gifts:” provides a dollar-for-dollar match of qualified donations made by employees
- “Mitsui USA Matching Volunteers:”
- “Dollars for Doers:” (D4D) provides a dollar match where an employee volunteered their time / talent at a qualified charitable organization
- “Support for Corporate Volunteer Activities:” (SCVA) provides a grant where a group of employees volunteered at a Company sponsored activity for a qualified charitable organization
- March of Dimes “March for Babies” across the USA where Mitsui & Co. (U.S.A.), Inc. does business Applicable for full-time Mitsui & Co. (U.S.A.), Inc. employees
For pending employee matches contact: Matching Grants Administrator Sandra Kenny at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Mitsui U.S.A. Foundation operates on its own initiative, with its Board of Directors and management developing grants' programs to promote international education and U.S.-Japan exchanges. The Foundation will only consider grants to qualified 501(c)(3) organizations. A program must preferably have support of a Mitsui office in the U.S. community.
The Foundation cannot support: individuals; religious, fraternal, athletic organizations; political, lobbying groups; endowments, building campaigns; film, television (media) productions; advertisements; galas, dinner tables / tickets (raffles), social events; non-monetary support; any / all discriminating organizations; or other causes which may not be acceptable to Mitsui; avoids general operating expense support; and is not able to accept requests by telephone or email.