Mitsui & Co. (U.S.A.), Inc.
- Logistics infrastructure development
Development of harbors, airports and other logistics infrastructure; development and commercialization of multi-modal transport in aviation, railroad and other fields.
- Integrated logistics service provider
Provision of end to end logistics solutions designed to meet customers' needs, based on a global logistics network and a domestic warehouse base (including real estate investment trusts).
- Insurance risk management
Insurance agency business, insurance broker business, direct insurance and reinsurance business.
Transportation Logistics' role within the trading business is to coordinate sound supply chains and insurance practices, in addition to supporting the development of new transportation modes. We provide our customers with high quality transportation, supply chain, insurance and logistics solutions. Activities cover the following two areas:
- Corporate Logistics Support: Mitsui USA provides services such as import/export shipping arrangement, break bulk transportation arrangement, marine cargo insurance procurement, supply chain solutions/consultation, logistics consultation and corporate insurance arrangement.
- Transportation business and related investment: Mitsui USA supports transportation companies, such as Libra Logistica Campinas (a bonded warehousing company in Brazil); Log-In Intermodal Logistica, (a domestic container shipping and container terminal operator in Brazil); and several other areas of investment in the non-life insurance industries.
Mitsui USA will continue to expand its superior logistics service network and its integration with the Mitsui Transportation Logistics Group's global network in Asia, Europe, Japan, and in countries throughout the Americas.