As stated in the announcement entitled "Mitsui Announces Partial Sale of Investment in Recruit Holdings Co., Ltd." dated August 28, 2019, Mitsui & Co., Ltd. (hereinafter "Mitsui", President and CEO: Tatsuo Yasunaga) decided to sell shares that it owns in Recruit Holdings Co., Ltd. (hereinafter "Recruit Holdings", Tokyo Stock Exchange First Section, Code No.: 6098) by way of secondary offering. With today's determination of the sale price, Mitsui announces as outlined below. For details on the determination of the price and other matters, please refer to the announcement "Announcement of Determination of Offering Price and Other Matters" made by Recruit Holdings today.
1. Sale of investment securities (sales of shares by way of secondary offering)
(1) Investment securities sold by Mitsui: Common Stock in Recruit Holdings
(2) Number of shares sold by Mitsui: 15,000,000 shares
(3) Total sale price: ¥ 44.8 billion (¥ 2,985.33 per share)
(4) Gain on sale of investment securities: ¥ 42.0 billion
2. Impact on earnings forecasts
On a consolidated basis, the gain on sale of investment securities associated with the sale of Recruit Holdings shares is accounted for as comprehensive income on the consolidated financial statements and does not have any impact on the consolidated earnings forecasts. On the other hand, relating to this transaction, Mitsui expects the decrease of corporate tax and is now conducting careful investigation. An announcement will be made in due course when the investigation is completed.