The Mitsui & Co. Environment Fund
Introduction to Grant Projects
Indian Farm Forestry Development Cooperative Ltd (recommended by overseas office)
Rejuvenation of degraded Forest
- Project Description
To develop Nature Trail by carrying out activities under following components:
I. Plantation & Management of native long rotation species in gap (vacant area) without affecting existing vegetation.
II. Growing herbaceous species for ground coverage to check soil erosion and beautification of the nature trail.
III. Signage on flora and fauna of the area.
IV. Creating awareness amongst the people on existing flora & fauna on the bund.
V. Publicity & outreach.
VI. Monitoring of the Activities. [No. K16-0706]
- Global Environment
- Grant year
- FY2016 Activity Grants
- Grant term
- 2 years
From October 2016 to September 2018
- Grant amount
- INR 1,300,000
- Activity region
- India, District Rewari, State Haryana, MASANI DAM, DHARUHERA DISTRCT
Overview of the Organization
- CEO (IFFDC): SINGH SP
- Indian Farm Forestry Development Cooperative Limited (IFFDC) came into existence formally in 1993 although its work had begun in 1986-87. Its promoter, Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited (IFFCO), had launched programmes of eco-restoration and wasteland development through Farm Forestry in the States of Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan and these programmes were subsequently handed over to the IFFDC for being scaled up and integrated with rural livelihood development and poverty alleviation programmes in the country. IFFDC has diversified its portfolio and has broadened its focus to include in addition to Farm Forestry and Climate Change, activities such as Watershed Management, Nutritional and Economic Security, Livelihoods, Seed Production, Agri-Input Supply, CSR initiative, Cross Cutting Interventions etc. in more than 9,410 villages across 18 States covering all the agro-climatic zones,.
Legally, IFFDC is registered as a multi-state cooperative society under Multi-state cooperative societies Act, 1984.
- Recent Activities
- So far, the work of developing coordination with Haryana Forest Development Corporation, Gurgaon (HFDC) to get allotment of land for plantation has been done. The pre-project activities undertaken are 1) Visit of officials from MITSUI & Co. India Pvt Ltd to the selected site for plantation completed. 2) As per the process, a request has been submitted to HFDC for land allotment. 3) Selection of plant species for plantation and system of fencing of the site has been finalised with consultation of General Manager, HFDC. 4) The outline for programme to be organised for awareness generation has been discussed with HFDC.
- Number of Full-time employees: 263 / Number of Members: 163
- WEB site
- Voice of Representative
- Degraded forest land will be restored and indigenous plant species will conserved. The Degraded forest area will be developed as bio-diverse area. Participated People will be connected with the forests and consciousness towards environment protection will be increased. Participated People including students will be able to identify the particular plant species easily and know about its uses.