The Mitsui & Co. Environment Fund
Introduction to Grant Projects
Nagoya Univeristy Graduate School of Medicine, Professor Masashi Kato
Interdisciplinary research on health risk evaluation and management connected to low frequency sound waves
- Project Description
With low frequency sound waves becoming problem for society, the technology for evaluating health risks, much less environmental standards, is not yet established. This research uses individual analysis to determine the organs affected by low frequency sound waves, develop technology for evaluating health risks, evaluate those risks and provide foundational data for setting environmental standards. Interdisciplinary research permits the reduction of low frequency sound waves and development of technology to alliviate health risks. This will advance interdisciplinary and policy research related to the health effects of low frequency sound waves.
- Grant year
- FY2013 Research Grants
- Grant term
- 3 years
April 2014 - March 2017
- Grant amount
- 12,000,000 yen
- Activity region
- On the outskirts of the City of Nagoya, Japan
Overview of the Organization
- Professor Masashi Kato
- Specialist field
Occupational and environmental health, molecular biology, oto-rhino-laryngology, immunology
Affiliated academic societies
The Japanese Society for Hygine, Japan Society for Occupational Health, The Oto-Rhino-Laryngological Society of Japan
1995.03 PhD (Medicine), Medical Research, Nagoya Univeristy Graduate School of Medicine
1995.10 Assistant, course in immunology, Nagoya Univeristy Graduate School of Medicine
2000.04 Assistant Professor, graduate course in micro/immunobiology, Nagoya Univeristy Graduate School of Medicine
2000.10 Guest Professor, biochemestry course, Dartmouth College School of Medicine
2003.07 Assistant Professor, Medical Sciences Environmental and Preventative Medicine, Kanazawa University Graduate School
2004.10 Professor, Chubu University (in charge of environmental science, etc.)
2013.01 Professor, occupational and environmental science, Nagoya Univeristy Graduate School of Medicine
- WEB site
- Collaborating researchers
- Nagoya University: Ishiro Yajima
- Hisao Naito, Chubu University: Nobutaka Ohgami, Nagoya Institute of Technology: Masashi Kato
- Research record
- Kato M, et al. Mol Biol Cell, 2000.
- Kato M, et al. EMBO J, 2001.
- Kato M, et al. Cancer Res, 2002.
- Kato M, et al. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA, 2003.
- Kumasaka YM, et al. Cancer Res, 2010.
- Ohgami N, et al. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA, 2010.
- Kato M, et al. Cancer Epidemiol Biomaker Prevent, 2011.
- Ida-Eto M, et al. J Biol Chem, 2011.
- Kumasaka YM, et al. Arch Toxicol, 2013.