The Mitsui & Co. Environment Fund
Introduction to Grant Projects
Hokkaido Environmental Community Network, NPO, Mitsui & Co Hokkaido branch office recommendation)
Love Earth Clean Up In Hokkaido
- Project Description
In Hokkaido, clean up activities are held by civic organizations and administrations, however illegal dumping and littering have yet to decrease. Therefore, Love Earth Clean Up in Hokkaido 2011 was created and promoted on its website with the aim to raise awareness of Hokkaido's environment to succeed to the next generation. The aim for 2011 is for 4000 organizations including schools and corporations with 80,000 participants, calling for sponsorship and donations between April and June. During this period, events will include a trash pick up beach walk, Earth Day EZO and Hokkaido forest making network gathering. Additionally, in the Autumn tree planting activities will be implemented as the next step. Since these environmental activities will be conducted by Hokkaido citizens, this can lead to increasing a sense of solidarity amongst citizens, corporations and administrations.
- Preservation of surface soil and forestsPreservation of biodiversity and ecosystem
- Grant year
- FY2010 Activity Grants
- Grant term
- 1 year
October 2010 - September 2011
- Grant amount
- 1,000,000 yen
- Activity region
- Hokkaido Area, Japan
Overview of the Organization
- Koji Akiyama, President
- Establishment purpose
- The 21st century, which is said to be the century of the environment, Hokkaido citizen volunteer organizations have worked on environmental issues and made progress, seeing results with many of its community-based activities. However, with these activities come various issues including human resources, funding and organizational management, which can result in a situation where desired activities and sufficient results cannot be obtained. In light of this, this organization was established after realizing the necessity for a network that can encourage various activities and to strengthen the foundations of each organization within Hokkaido.
- Main areas of activity
- Hokkaido region
- 4 full-time staff members, 11 part-time staff members, 53 full member organizations with around 10,000 people
- Annual operating budget
- 13.44 million yen in 2007, 19.07 million yen in 2008, 19.10 million yen in 2009
- WEB site
- Key activities
- (1) Create sustainable information provision activities including cultural exchange events held through "Kita Net Forum" related to the establishment of environmental conservation activity networks, promotion of network improvement and expansion and publishing a "Kita Net" PR brochure.
- (2) Support for members' activities by providing business expertise and databases to support environmental conservation activities, as well as holding seminars and lectures supporting environmental activities.
- (3) Environmental preservation activity business and cleanup activities at once throughout Hokkaido as part of the Love Earth Clean Up in Hokkaido initiative and Love Earth forest making business