The Mitsui & Co. Environment Fund
Introduction to Grant Projects
Keisuke Suzuki, Director, Institute of Mountain Science, Shinshu University
Research into the protection of the natural environment of the Kamikochi, Yari and Hotaka regions of the Northern Alps and their proper use
- Project Description
While formulating policies for coexistence with nature that are compatible with the sustainable preservation of the natural environment, and based on a proper understanding of the natural landscape structure, we analyze the origins of the natural environment and its variation / dynamics in various ways, and seek establish appropriate environmental conservation measures and disaster prevention measures leading to recommendations on conservation and the proper use of the natural environment.
- Climate changePreservation of surface soil and forestsPreservation of biodiversity and ecosystem
- Grant year
- FY2010 Research Grants
- Grant term
- 3 years
April 2011 - March 2014
- Grant amount
- 29,800,000 yen
- Activity region
- Kamikochi, Yari and Hotaka regions, Japan
Overview of the Organization
- Keisuke Suzuki, Director
- Specialist fields
Snow and ice studies, hydrology, mountain environment studies
Affiliated academic societies
International Glaciological Society, International Association of Hydrological Sciences, The Japanese Society of Snow and Ice, Japanese Association of Hydrological Sciences, The Meteorological Society of Japan, The Japanese Society of Limnology, The Japan Society of Hydrology and Water Resources
Assistant, Faculty of Science, Tokyo Metropolitan University, April 1981; Assistant Professor, Faculty of Science, Shinshu University, September 1996; Director, Institute of Mountain Science, Shinshu University (April 2006 to present); Ph.D.
- WEB site
- Research record
- (1) Keisuke SUZUKI, Atsushi IKEDA, Yukito KANEKO, Daiichi SUZUKI, Tatsuko MAKI (2011): "Estimation of Winter Precipitation at a Mountainous Site by Snow Chemical Analysis" SEPPYO (The Japanese Society of Snow and Ice), 73, -.
- (2) Hiroyuki ISHII, Keisuke SUZUKI (2011): "Regional Characteristics of Variation of Snowfall in Japan." Journal of Japanese Association of Hydrological Sciences, 41, 27-37. 2011/05
- (3) Tanaka, M. and Suzuki, K. (2010):Winter precipitation chemistry at a high elevation site of Japan Northern Alps. Bulletin of Glaciological Research, 28, 17-26.
- (4) Suzuki, K., Kuramoto, T. and Tanaka, M. (2009):Hydrologic and geo-chemical balance in a mountainous catchment, Northern Japan Alps. Publication of the International Association of Hydrological Sciences, 326, 70-81.
- (5) Keisuke SUZUKI (2008): "Hydro-atmospheric Environment in the Japan Alps Area" The Ecological Society of Japan, 58, 175-182. 2008/11
- (6) Tanaka, M. and Suzuki, K. (2008): Spatial variability of snow water equivalent in a mountainous area of the Japanese Central Alps. Journal of Geophysical Research, 113, F03026, doi:10.1029/2006JF000711.
- (7) Tanaka, M. and Suzuki, K. (2008): Influence of watershed topography on the chemistry of stream water in a mountainous area. Water, Air, and Soil Pollution, doi: 10.1007/s11270-008-9780-2.
- (8) Suzuki, K., Kuramoto, T., Tanaka, M. and Shah, S. K. (2008): Water balance and mass balance in a mountainous river basin, Northern Japan Alps. Bulletin of Glaciological Research, 26, 1-8.