The Mitsui & Co. Environment Fund
Introduction to Grant Projects
Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Faculty of Engineering, Iwate University
Setting up educational programs about post-3.11 energy and information dissemination through teaching in disaster-affected areas
- Project Description
Provide support to the rebuilding of science education, energy education and environmental studies for elementary, junior high and high schools along the coastal regions of Iwate Prefecture, and develop a training program about post-3.11 energy sources. Create an organic network involving local industries, academic institutions, private companies and local government. Promote assistance for education in regions affected by the disaster. Develop an energy education program that reflects reality in the wake of the Great East Japan Earthquake, that includes radiation education, disaster prevention and risk education, and carry it out.
- Energy problem
- Grant year
- FY2011 Activity Grants
- Grant term
- 3 years and 6 months
October 2011 - March 2015
- Grant amount
- 5,859,000 yen
- Activity region
- All regions of Iwate Prefecture, Japan
Overview of the Organization
- Koichi Takagi, Professor
- Establishment purpose
- As a place for educational research to explore the truth, Iwate University is creating an academic culture and aiming to train people who have an education with breadth, depth and a high level of expertise. As a university that has developed in the provinces, Iwate Univerity aims to do its part towards the improvement of the culture of local communities and the development of the international society, based on the results of this educational research.
- Main regions of project activity
- From all of Iwate Prefecture, to Miyagi Prefecture, for the rebuilding of the Sanriku region. The university's activities also extend to other parts of Japan and overseas.
- 771 full-time staff members
- WEB site
- Affiliated organizations
- NPO Iwate Kodomo Kankyou Kenkyuusho (Morikaze nature school) and others
- Main activities
- In education: based on a balance between liberal arts training and professional education, develop human resources that combine a wealth of qualities that bring together educational depth and breadth and comprehensive judgment. In research: based on a balance between basic and applied research, create an academic culture through initiatives based on the academic traditions that we have built. In contributions to society: contribute to the improvement of the culture of local communities and the development of international society based on the social returns of our educational research results.