The Mitsui & Co. Environment Fund
Introduction to Grant Projects
The University of Toyama Faculty of Economics' Department of Business Law Satomi Kohyama, Associate Professor
Research comparing the implementation of the Convention on Biological Diversity in Japan and China
- Project Description
Conducting environmental law research regarding the domestic implementation of climate treaties, specifically the creation of environmental law (environmental considerations) in the field of natural resource management legislation. This project is studying the current situation and issues concerning the introduction of new laws (ideals) and measures in each region. The next step is to compare Japanese and Chinese legislation, as well as looking at the situation regarding international companies, in order to form domestic guidelines for conserving biodiversity in countries with different systems of government and build an ecosystem conservation network for East Asia.
- Ecosystems and the Symbiotic Society
- Grant year
- FY2014 Research Grants
- Grant term
- 2 years
April 2015 - March 2017
- Grant amount
- 1,900,000 yen
- Activity region
- Japan, China
Overview of the Organization
- Satomi Kohyama, Associate Professor
- Specialist fields
Environmental law, administrative law
- Affiliated academic societies
The Japan Public Law Association, the Japan Association for Environmental Law and Policy, the Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, the Ecological Society of Japan, others
March 2004 Graduates from Gifu University's Graduate School of Regional Studies with a master's degree in regional studies
September 2012 Leaves Nagoya University Graduate School of Environmental Studies doctoral program having completed the course term
April 2011 serves as associate professor at Kyushu International University's Law Department before becoming associate professor at the University of Toyama's Faculty of Economics in April 2014 (current position)
- Specialist fields
- WEB site
- Research record
- "An Analysis of the latest amendment of Wildlife Protection and Hunting Law." Journal of the Univesity of Toyama 60 (2), p149-192, 2014.
- "An analysis of 'The Environmentalization' in Forest Law and Policy." Kyushu International University Law Journal 20 (3), p43-64, 2014.
- "Policy and Process: from Reservation of Game Species to Protection of Biodiversity" Kyushu International University Law Journal 20 (1/2), p1-18, 2013.
- "Considering legislation for solving issues faced by arid plantations - clarifying the obligation of the landowner." Magazine of the Japan Association for Environmental Law and Policy issue 15, Shojihomu, p278-291, 2012.
- "Organizational governance promoting adaptive management through partnership seen in the Chesapeake Bay Project (CBP) organizational reform."Water resource and environmental research No.22, p37-44, 2011.
- "Considering the greenhouse gas absorbing capabilities of forests - the current progress and problems implementing forest management stipulated in Article 3 Paragraph 4 of the Kyoto Protocol." People and Environment 35 (3), 131-139, 2009.
- "Considering the legal regulation of forestry management project as CSR for environment: Legal regulation for voluntary initiative and ecosystem healthy." Journal of Human Environmental Studies 7 (2), p137-142, 2009.