Mitsui & Co. (Brasil) S.A.
MITSUI & CO. (BRASIL) S.A.
Mitsui & Co. has a long history of development in Brazil. The predecessor of Mitsui & Co. (Brasil) S.A., Bussan Brasileira Importação e Exportação Ltda. was established on August 16, 1960.
From the latter half of the 1960s through the 1970s, the peak of Japanese corporate expansion in Brazil, Mitsui & Co. expanded and developed its business in Brazil and began importing iron ore from Companhia Vale do Rio Doce (CVRD). In 1967, the company name was changed to Mitsui Brasileira Importação e Exportação Ltda.
After the "lost decade" of the 1980s in which the Brazilian economy faltered, the company name was changed to Mitsui Brasileira Importação e Exportação S.A. in 1999 and then again in July 2008 to the anglicized Mitsui & Co. (Brasil) S.A. The Brazilian economy is now beginning to usher in a new age of expansion and development, and with the eyes of the world focused on the country's ascendancy, we are working day and night to make our mark in Brazil's history.
Mitsui & Co. (Brasil) S.A. has operating 11 business departments including: Steel Products Dept., Consumer Service Business Dept., Energy Dept., Mineral & Metal Resources Dept., Mobility Business Dept., Freight Transportation Business Dept., Chemicals Dept., Foods & Retail Dept., Project Dept., Logistics Dept. and IT & Communication Business Dept. The Company maintains 2 offices, with a head office in São Paulo City and the other in Rio de Janeiro.
Mitsui & Co. (Brasil) S.A. is committed to sustainable growth and good corporate citizenship. Reflecting Mitsui & Co.'s management philosophy, the Company's operations are guided by its distinctive CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) policy, which emphasizes environmental and social accountability, and respect for stakeholders and the community.
|Name||Mitsui & Co. (Brasil) S.A.|
|Date of Establishment||August 16 ,1960|
Avenida Paulista, 1842, 23º andar, Edifício Cetenco Plaza
|President & CEO||
|Number of Employees||112
(as of April 30, 2018)