Mitsui & Co. Global Strategic Studies Institute
Personal Information Protection Guidelines
Mitsui & Co. Global Strategic Studies Institute as a service provider recognizes that the protection of personal information is an important social responsibility, and has established the following personal information protection guidelines. Mitsui & Co. Global Strategic Studies Institute will continuously strive for the appropriate handling of personal information.
- 1. Acquisition, use and provision of personal information
- When acquiring, using and providing personal information, we specify the purpose of use thereof and handle the same in an appropriate manner. We will not use any personal information beyond the scope necessary to achieve the specified purposes of use. We shall also take necessary measures to prevent the use of personal information other than for intended purposes.
- 2. Compliance with laws and regulations
- When handling personal information, MITSUI & CO. GLOBAL STRATEGIC STUDIES INSTITUTE shall comply with the laws and regulations regarding the protection of personal information, as well as guidelines and any other rules stipulated by the government.
- 3. Implementation of security measures
- MITSUI & CO. GLOBAL STRATEGIC STUDIES INSTITUTE shall strive to prevent and rectify any illegal access to, as well as loss, destruction, falsification, leakage etc., of personal information by maintaining an optimum system for strict control of personal information and taking reasonable security measures.
- 4. Complaints and consultation requests
- MITSUI & CO. GLOBAL STRATEGIC STUDIES INSTITUTE shall swiftly and appropriately respond to complaints and consultation requests regarding our personal information handling and personal information protection system.
- 5. Continuous improvement
- MITSUI & CO. GLOBAL STRATEGIC STUDIES INSTITUTE has established and maintained a personal information protection system, and will strive to improve the same continuously by regularly conducting reviews thereof.
Enacted on June 29, 2005
Last revised on April 1st, 2016
President and Chief Executive Officer
MITSUI & CO. GLOBAL STRATEGIC STUDIES INSTITUTE