Mitsui Global Strategic Studies Institute
Personal Information Protection Guidelines
Mitsui Global Strategic Studies Institute (“MGSSI”) observes personal information protection laws and other relevant laws and regulations, and appropriately manages and handles personal information provided by our customers as follows:
1. Purposes of use of personal information
MGSSI will make use of personal information provided, in whole or in part, for the following purposes:
- Provision of our services signed up or applied for (including notices/greetings according to social customs, and correspondence to those concerned in providing our services); and
- Any service related or incidental to the services described above.
2. Provision of personal information
MGSSI does not disclose or provide any personal information to any third party unless agreed by the providers or stipulated in the laws and regulations.
3. Entrustment of personal information
MGSSI may entrust our customers' personal information to our contractor to achieve the purposes of use described in Section 1. In that case, MGSSI will select an appropriate contractor, and duly supervise the contractor so that our customers’ personal information will safely be maintained at the contractor, by taking measures including the conclusion of an agreement clearly stating the obligations and responsibilities of the contractor.
4. Handling personal information by external link
This website operated by MGSSI may include external links. MGSSI is not responsible for handling and control status of personal information at or the contents published by such websites. All inquiries should be directed to the linked external websites.
5. About using Cookie
This website partially uses Cookie to provide optimal service to our customers. However, MGSSI does not collect any information that enables MGSSI to identify any personal information from the Cookie.
6. About acquiring access log
This website may acquire access log for statistical analysis of customers’ use of this website. However, MGSSI does not collect any information that enables MGSSI to identify any personal information from access log.
7. Countermeasures against tapping by the third party
MGSSI strives to secure safety of this website by using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology to encode personal information or other similar security protection method in order to avoid tapping while our customers are submitting personal information.
8. Disclosure, correction, or suspension of use of the registered information
If customers wish to request disclosure, correction, suspension of use, deletion, or suspension of disclosure or provision to the third party of his or her personal information, they are asked to contact us. We will take care of requests as fast as practically possible after identification.