Services & Products
Healthcare & Service Business Unit
Developing business from a global perspective and contributing to the enrichment of people's lives through high value-added services
- Healthcare and pharma
- Healthcare provider businesses including hospitals and clinics, and healthcare-related ancillary service businesses
- Pharmaceutical manufacturing, sales and development businesses
- Contract food services, uniform rental, facility management, staffing, education, and human capital businesses in Japan and overseas
Expansion of healthcare business around Asian countries (01:27)
Invests in IHH, a leading healthcare provider in Asia, which operates Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore, etc.
A focus on global development in growth sectors to provide safe, secure and convenient services and promote healthy lifestyles
The environment surrounding our healthcare and pharma business field is changing dramatically due to factors such as the expiration of new drug patents, the rise of generic drugs, and changes in disease patterns. Change is also accelerating in the structure of global consumer markets as a result of increasing population, higher living standards, and lifestyle changes. The Healthcare & Service Business Unit strives to respond to shifting demands from Japan and the rest of the world, by promoting the global expansion of our healthcare services and related ancillary businesses, R&D, manufacturing and sales businesses, and outsourcing service business. We are also engaged in developing related areas and new businesses that utilize IT and data.
Providing consumer services that enrich the world
In the healthcare sector, we are working to expand our healthcare provider business globally, especially in Asia, and also develop healthcare-related ancillary service businesses. We provide business solutions across the various stages of the pharmaceuticals value chain, from development and manufacturing through to sales.
Our key focus in the services sector is to globally expand our business in contract food services, uniform rental, public and sports facility management, staffing, education, and other services
- Healthcare provider business (hospitals and clinics) in Malaysia, Singapore, India, Turkey and China, etc.
- Healthcare-related ancillary service businesses (diagnostic and dialysis business) in Japan, Malaysia, Singapore and China, etc.
- Drug and healthcare information services (Japan, etc.)
- Comprehensive support for pharmaceutical companies in R&D, manufacturing and sales, and the pharmaceutical business in Japan, U.S.A., Europe, China, India and Russia, etc.
- Contract food services, uniform rental and facility management businesses in Japan.
- Healthcare and IT staffing services (temporary and permanent) and other education-related services in (Japan, U.S.A., and the UK)
- Mar. 30, 2020
- Notice Regarding Results of Tender Offer for Shares of Sogo Medical Holdings Co., Ltd.
- Feb. 5, 2020
- Execution of Agreement to Accept Tender Offer for Shares of Sogo Medical Holdings Co., Ltd.
- Jun. 25, 2019
- Establishment of a Healthcare Fund to Capture Demand from the Growing Chinese Healthcare Market