On November 14, 2017, Mitsui & Co., Ltd. concluded a partnership agreement with Global Engineering Co., Ltd. and Arao City, Kumamoto Prefecture, for community development with a focus on effective utilization of local energy.
This agreement aims to take advantage of the strengths of all three partners to support the realization and promotion of sustainable community development, utilizing Arao City's special characteristics to create a Local Production Local Consumption model for energy centered around electricity. The agreement outlines the following partnership items for joint consideration to achieve this aim and further develop the regional economy.
1. Local production of electricity by users such as local enterprises and city-owned public facilities
2. Development of electric infrastructure including next-generation automobiles
3. Realization of a society considerate of the environment, e.g. CO2 reduction
4. Effective utilization of unused facilities and equipment in the city
5. Streamlining of public infrastructure
6. Creation of IT related education opportunities
7. Utilization and application of effective and appropriate energy related to other local communities, and other items concerning the revitalization of the local community
Through the joint consideration of the aforementioned items, we will promote activities for the regional revitalization of local areas and the utilization of appropriate and effective energy related to the local community.