Services & Products
Integrated Transportation Systems Business Unit II
Promoting ship, aerospace and rail businesses that contribute to the efficient global transportation of passengers and cargo
- Trade, ownership and operation of commercial ships; intermediary services for chartering vessels (time/voyage charters), sales of secondhand ships and ship equipment; ship management and technical services
- Sale and purchase, leasing, and finance of aircraft and aero engines, freighter conversion, and sales of helicopter and business jet
- Leasing of railcars and locomotives
Maximizing functional synergies in the field of transportation equipment leasing and strengthening our earnings base
In shipping, we have made general commercial ship business as our core platform, and are working to develop a stable future earnings base by evolving our business models and focusing on ship owning, operating, leasing and LNG ship businesses. We will also pursue business opportunities resulting from new trends, such as the tightening of environmental regulations, and growth and change in seaborne trade.
In aerospace, we will establish our presence as a global player in the industry and will aim to increase earnings by focusing on our aircraft leasing, aero engine leasing, freighter conversion, and helicopter and business jet sales. We are also providing support to the Mitsubishi Regional Jet project as a shareholder.
In the rail transportation field, our rolling stock leasing business, which we established in the U.S. in the 1990s, has now expanded into Europe and Russia. Demand is expected to grow for rail as an environmentally friendly logistics channel, and we aim to provide services that meet our customer's needs.
- Ownership and operation of bulk carriers and tankers; joint ownership and operation of LNG ships
- Aircraft and aero engine leasing business, freighter conversion business, import and distribution of helicopters and business jets
- Rolling stock leasing (USA, Europe and Russia)
- May 12, 2015
- Conclusion of Time Charter Parties for LNG ships for Cameron LNG Export Project in the U.S.A.
- Mar. 30, 2015
- Railcar Leasing Business in North America