Mitsui Chile Ltda.
Energy & Mineral Resources
- Investments into copper and molybdenum world class mining assets.
- Strategic Alliances with Important mining companies.
- Marketing of copper concentrates, copper cathodes and Molybdenum concentrates.
- Marketing of semi-finished steel products.
In Mitsui Chile Mineral Resources, we are engaged in business operation aimed at securing mineral resources and the trading in the fields of Base Metals and other metals. We actively invest in mines with the aim of securing resources, in Chile our main focus is copper but we are not limited to it. For this reason, Mitsui Chile is enhancing the competitiveness of its existing businesses and promoting an active commitment to the acquisition of new mining assets. In trade, Mitsui Chile continuously works with local players as well as international mining houses operating in Chile to contribute to our partners as well as the enhancement of trade volume of Chile, our key trading goods include Copper concentrate, Copper Cathodes, Molybdenum concentrates and Abrasion Resistance Steel.
Chile / Collahuasi Copper Mine
As a summary, the mining investments where Mitsui has some level of participation in Chile includes:
- Collahuasi, located in the I Region of Tarapacá and a total fine Copper production per year around 400ktpa.
- Caserones, located in the III Region of Atacama and a total fine Copper production per year around 140ktpa (in construction).
- AngloAmerican Sur, through JV with Codelco, located in the V Region of Valparaiso and RM Region of Santiago and a total fine Copper production per year around 400ktpa.
- Pelambres, located in the IV Region of Coquimbo and a total fine Copper production per year around 350ktpa.